Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Shack nasties. (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96420)

Nebe 04-22-2020 08:39 PM

Shack nasties.

Whose got em ?

The Dad Fisherman 04-22-2020 08:44 PM

Big time
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete F. 04-22-2020 08:51 PM

There are trout in VT, but the water is still in the low 40s
Tough fishing but caught 4 yesterday.
And the golf courses are closed.
Today barely made it to 40, air temp.

Nebe 04-22-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1191484)
Big time

Beer helps :hihi:

PaulS 04-22-2020 09:18 PM

Not too bad. Been doing more work in the yard, riding my bike and going fishing. I do take walks two or three times a day just to get away from the computer . Hope the wife can go back to the office soon 😉

The Dad Fisherman 04-23-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1191489)
Beer helps :hihi:

Gave up beer at the beginning of the year, dropped 30 lbs.

Been embracing Bourbon and Scotch to fill the emptiness in my soul. :hihi:

Guppy 04-23-2020 05:51 AM

Trying like hell not to get lazy... lots of yard work, boat maintenance, managing a couple days on the water,,,,
Took a ride with the bride downcape yesterday, main st. Chatham is normally an accident waiting to happen, Ghost town!
Go to overlook up across from CG , not a parking space to be had!
Strange times for sure....

Sea Dangles 04-23-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1191502)
Gave up beer at the beginning of the year, dropped 30 lbs.

Been embracing Bourbon and Scotch to fill the emptiness in my soul. :hihi:

Funny you say this. My beer is consumed at the local tavern that serves many flavors. At home is more of a cocktail atmosphere. I have dropped almost 20 recently. Mezcal has proven to be low calorie and I have now moved on to sotol for research purposes. A cousin to tequila and mezcal,it shows promise as a cure. Some distillers add peyote and cannabis to get woke... Still the only alcohol that is NOT a depressant! Enjoy

Nebe 04-23-2020 07:50 AM

#^&#^&#^&#^&. I should drop the beer. I have found a few of the quarantine 15

The Dad Fisherman 04-23-2020 08:15 AM

I've been dabbling in some low carb cocktails, made a simple syrup from truvia for my old fashions. Using it in Mojitos as well

The Dad Fisherman 04-23-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1191509)
Funny you say this. My beer is consumed at the local tavern that serves many flavors. At home is more of a cocktail atmosphere. I have dropped almost 20 recently. Mezcal has proven to be low calorie and I have now moved on to sotol for research purposes. A cousin to tequila and mezcal,it shows promise as a cure. Some distillers add peyote and cannabis to get woke... Still the only alcohol that is NOT a depressant! Enjoy

A good Double IPA is packing a solid 400 calories a pop, when I'm putting back 5-6 of them that's a days worth right there.

Clear Liquors are 80 cals a pop.

Sea Dangles 04-23-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1191530)
A good Double IPA is packing a solid 400 calories a pop, when I'm putting back 5-6 of them that's a days worth right there.

Clear Liquors are 80 cals a pop.

I wish that meant a single ipa was 200 cals

fishbones 04-23-2020 09:19 AM

I’ve gone from a few regular or double IPA’s at a time to two or three a week. Drinking a lot of vodka and tequila, but interested in trying the Sotol that Dangles mentioned. I’ve also cut out a lot of carbs in foods and have dropped about 25 pounds since around the holidays. I’d like to lose about 15 more but it’s getting tougher now.

Sea Dangles 04-23-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 1191546)
I’ve gone from a few regular or double IPA’s at a time to two or three a week. Drinking a lot of vodka and tequila, but interested in trying the Sotol that Dangles mentioned. I’ve also cut out a lot of carbs in foods and have dropped about 25 pounds since around the holidays. I’d like to lose about 15 more but it’s getting tougher now.

Mezcal is a gateway drug!

fishbones 04-23-2020 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1191548)
Mezcal is a gateway drug!

Where do you get the Sotol? I usually go to Pops but I get my mezcal at Shovelshop because they have a decent bottle there for $35.