Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   31 - 3, 20 - 17 & now... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=17590)

Hooper 09-02-2004 08:29 PM

31 - 3, 20 - 17 & now...

17 - 0..... I don't care if it's preseason!

I am not very effin happy right now!!!!!

Hooper's ANGRY:af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:

28inches 09-02-2004 08:49 PM

Sounds like a Yankee score.:bc:

Surfcastinglife 09-03-2004 07:38 AM

so our backups suck? big deal not like they're ever gonna be out there en mass. they'll be fine!

Bob Thomas 09-03-2004 08:32 AM

Can u guys answer this one? I was flipping between the game and other crapola last night. I saw Jax hit their first field goal making it 3-0. I flipped back, in the third I believe, and it was 0-0. Did I miss something?

Also, is anyone else sick of Chan 5's broadcast? This is only the second game I have caught on Ch. 5 and it seems they have too many problems, skippping, missing plays. It happened in both games. And that's only what I DID catch during my flipping!

Hooper 09-03-2004 10:11 AM

eh, hem... sorry!

I had a few too many Foster's last night.....:o I failed to realize that very few starters were on the field....:o

I am concerned however, that the Pats no longer carry that psychological edge that other teams think "Oooooh! That Pats, the SuperBowl Champs!!!!"

When a team sees that another can be beaten it gives them confidence to do the same. Like once the four minute barrier was broken in the mile...

Surfcastinglife 09-03-2004 10:14 AM

of course it does hooper but the pats will scare them all when they hold indy to 3 pts and less than 200 yrds of total offense in a complete bashing next thursday ^^

Hooper 09-03-2004 01:41 PM

Oh Yeah!

Now that's what I like to hear!!!! :happy:

schoolie monster 09-03-2004 02:48 PM

Hooper, I wouldn't be too worried. I'm not a fan at all, so I'm pretty objective about it. As long as you have Brady, you'll be OK.

I think there's reason for concern, but not b/c of preseason. Its a pretty veteran team so they aren't gonna flip out in preseason, and the coaches aren't gonna put in too much gameplanning.

I'd be concerned b/c it takes so much to win a superbowl. Takes a good team, great execution and some breaks along the way. Tough to do it every year. They might lose a little of their edge, but by season's end, they can get that back. I think their O-line is pretty suspect... that's the only glaring weakness this team has.

I think they are gonna walk in the east. Miami is pretty much done, the J E T S don't impress me with defensive talent, and Drew-ball in Buffalo will be competitive, but .500 team. The Pats should knock those teams around pretty good.

So, I'd bet they make the playoffs... but hopefully Denver will knock 'em off :)

I would have liked to see that match up in the playoffs last year b/c I think Denver matches up with them pretty well... but freakin' Manning went off and their playoff run lasted about 15 minutes.

afterhours 09-03-2004 02:56 PM

the pats will be just fine, when it means something.

Squid kids Dad 09-03-2004 04:11 PM

Relax,,,Take an aspirin and call me in Feburary,,,Everything will be fine as long as Brady stays healthy...:D

Hooper 09-05-2004 05:51 AM

You are all right, but

I still don't like seeing them on the short end of the score, just doen't look right, does it????