Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   3 more cops assassinated, Obama says we eed to focus on words that unite (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=90879)

The Dad Fisherman 07-22-2016 08:24 PM

[QUOTE=spence;1104808]
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1104803)
Point?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I'd make speeches for half that......

scottw 07-22-2016 08:28 PM

[QUOTE=The Dad Fisherman;1104811]
Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1104808)

I'd make speeches for half that......

and you'd be far more interesting and palatable than Shillery...like nails on a chalkboard that one :confused:

spence 07-22-2016 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=scottw;1104812]
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1104811)

and you'd be far more interesting and palatable than Shillery...like nails on a chalkboard that one :confused:

Free market.

scottw 07-22-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1104817)

Free market.

she's only in favor of the free market when it's cramming money into her pantsuit pockets

buckman 07-23-2016 03:53 AM

[QUOTE=spence;1104817]
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1104812)

Free market.

Or diabolical racket . There is no known value for a speech, unless it is actually the cost for a service to be rendered . Probably all right there in the emails...

Jim in CT 07-23-2016 05:33 AM

[QUOTE=spence;1104817]
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1104812)

Free market.

So when she benefits from the free market, that's harmless, even commendable you'd say. Yet her and her pals Liz Warren and Bernie Sanders shriek endlessly about how unfair and rigged that free market is. But as soon as she strikes it rich, that same market is OK.

Jim in CT 07-23-2016 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1104820)
she's only in favor of the free market when it's cramming money into her pantsuit pockets

God damn right. It's only sinister, I guess, when Republicans utilize the free market to break into the one percent. When she does it, she is to be commended. When a white guy on Wall Street does it, he must have stolen every cent from some poor person on his rise to the top.

It's ALWAYS "do as I say, not as I do".

Al Gore tells us to reduce our environmental footprint, yet he has some of the highest energy bills in his state.

Liz Warren says it's wrong to profit from student loans, yet it's OK for her to make 400k teaching at a university, funded by kids taking loans.

Bernie Sanders says the rich don't pay their fair share of taxes, yet while he earns 3x the average income, he pays a tax rate that is below average, because he utilizes those evil deductions that he claims to oppose.

The hypocrisy of these people has no bounds, and they have no shame.

wdmso 07-23-2016 06:32 AM

funny I thought Conservatives where champions of the successful

The Bushes , Mitt Romney and now the Donald they support But the Clintons with little or no daddy money to start have made money Conservatives just say they stole it or sold influence .. WOW with out anything to support the claim its typical Conservative play book facts dont matter :bs: carries more weight .

you just cant make this stuff up like they do they just regurgitate the same line over and over and over

wdmso 07-23-2016 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1104827)
God damn right. It's only sinister, I guess, when Republicans utilize the free market to break into the one percent. When she does it, she is to be commended. When a white guy on Wall Street does it, he must have stolen every cent from some poor person on his rise to the top.

It's ALWAYS "do as I say, not as I do".

Al Gore tells us to reduce our environmental footprint, yet he has some of the highest energy bills in his state. so he should live in a tent

Liz Warren says it's wrong to profit from student loans, yet it's OK for her to make 400k teaching at a university, funded by kids taking loans.
so she should live in a teepee

Bernie Sanders says the rich don't pay their fair share of taxes, yet while he earns 3x the average income, he pays a tax rate that is below average, because he utilizes those evil deductions that he claims to oppose.so he shouldn't pay whats required by law

The hypocrisy of these people has no bounds, and they have no shame.

your hypocrisy has no bounds or shame fixed it for you.. your the most Mypotic prolific poster please stop the faux outrage

PaulS 07-23-2016 08:06 AM

You want hypocrisy bring up Pres. Obama's use of a teleprompter.

buckman 07-23-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104833)
You want hypocrisy bring up Pres. Obama's use of a teleprompter.

I would put that just above terrorism and below climate change as the most important issues facing America .

PaulS 07-23-2016 10:50 AM

Where does Melania's plagiarism rankand Paul manafort lying and trying to blame Hillary rank on your sliding scale?

buckman 07-23-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104838)
Where does Melania's plagiarism rankand Paul manafort lying and trying to blame Hillary rank on your sliding scale?

Not on it

PaulS 07-23-2016 01:33 PM

I was sort of surprised that the right was so dismissive of the plagiarism and outright lies. I guess back to what Obama's preacher said 10 years ago.

buckman 07-23-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104848)
I was sort of surprised that the right was so dismissive of the plagiarism and outright lies. I guess back to what Obama's preacher said 10 years ago.

You didn't even listen to her speech who are you kidding , not that I will listen to Hillarys First Ladies speech either .

ecduzitgood 07-23-2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104848)

What outright lies?

PaulS 07-23-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1104861)
What outright lies?

Melania saying that she wrote the speech herself. Paul manafort saying there was no plagiarism. Paul manafort blaming Hillary. The other thing that I find hilarious is that it was done by the wife of the candidate who has long tried to deligitmitize Michelle's husband. If they just came out with the story that ultimately came out you would still laugh at it but the story would be over. Instead they come up with a bunch of lies and attack attack

ecduzitgood 07-23-2016 07:41 PM

She said she wrote it WITH as little help as possible so that is not a lie.

Seeing as you didn't post any source I consider the rest of your post to just be your opinion or just propaganda.

spence 07-23-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104864)
Melania saying that she wrote the speech herself. Paul manafort saying there was no plagiarism. Paul manafort blaming Hillary. The other thing that I find hilarious is that it was done by the wife of the candidate who has long tried to deligitmitize Michelle's husband. If they just came out with the story that ultimately came out you would still laugh at it but the story would be over. Instead they come up with a bunch of lies and attack attack

It was a #^&#^&#^&#^&show.

ecduzitgood 07-23-2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1104868)

Compared to the well choreographed decision on Hillary being the Democratic nominee before the people even got to cast a vote.
https://gma.yahoo.com/video/leaked-d...232011026.html

ecduzitgood 07-23-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1104868)

Will the DNC use subtitles, a translator, or just leave a large amount of Americans in the dark?

wdmso 07-24-2016 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1104870)
Compared to the well choreographed decision on Hillary being the Democratic nominee before the people even got to cast a vote.
https://gma.yahoo.com/video/leaked-d...232011026.html

So the RNC has always been for Trump they never sided with a certain candidate and gave him a fair shake

popular vote clinton sander
RCP Total - 15,805,136 12,029,699 Clinton +3,775,437

trump cruz kasich
Popular Vote Total - 13,300,472 7,637,262 4,165,281

rubio
3,481,610 Trump +5,663,210

the person with the most votes won in both partys ... thats how it works

So 27,834.835 voted in the Dem primaries

28,584.544 voted in GOP primaries looks like a dead heat

scottw 07-24-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1104879)
So the RNC has always been for Trump they never sided with a certain candidate and gave him a fair shake

popular vote clinton sander
RCP Total - 15,805,136 12,029,699 Clinton +3,775,437

trump cruz kasich
Popular Vote Total - 13,300,472 7,637,262 4,165,281

rubio
3,481,610 Trump +5,663,210

the person with the most votes won in both partys ... thats how it works

So 27,834.835 voted in the Dem primaries

28,584.544 voted in GOP primaries looks like a dead heat

this is not complicated...

Hillary was the establishment pick....the dem establishment did everything in their power to ensure Hillary would become the nominee and were successful...the dem party is a totalitarian state run by entrenched thugs and criminals

BREAKING(CNN)The head of the Democratic National Committee will not speak at the party's convention next week, a decision reached by party officials Saturday after emails surfaced that raised questions about the committee's impartiality during the Democratic primary.

Trump was not the establishment pick...far from it.....the rep establishment did everything in their power to ensure Trump would not become the nominee and were unsuccessful

you can choose the Washington establishment candidate indebted to Wall Street, Unions, Special Interests, Foreign Interests, the establishment and continue business, corruption, debt and unsustainable paths as usual...and apparently more free stuff!!!

or you can choose someone from outside the Washington establishment who succeeded in securing the nomination using his own money for the most part and ignoring the beltway and media blowhards who insist on managing and directing American politics to their liking....it hard to tell how this might go but we know the alternative is not working and it's good to see that the rep establishment is losing absolute control over the direction of the party..Paul Ryan is in trouble...party leaders know that they are not untouchable

or you can simply not vote....

scottw 07-24-2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104838)

I suspect the bad behavior at the dem convention will quickly make everyone forget any blips at the rep conv......the disparate dem protest groups are preparing bags of urine and feces to hurl at each other throughout the week...we can only hope for 95 degree weather...."Welcome to the City of Brotherly Love" :jester:

PaulS 07-25-2016 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1104865)
She said she wrote it WITH as little help as possible so that is not a lie. Well if that was not a lie they later lied and claimed a speechwriter wrote it. And since everyone and their brother agrees it was plagerism, then it sounds like you agree Melania is guilty.

Seeing as you didn't post any source I consider the rest of your post to just be your opinion or just propaganda.

Propaganda - :fishslap:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...michelle-obama

"In an interview with Matt Lauer of NBC, Melania Trump said of her speech: “I wrote it with a little help as possible.”

“There’s no cribbing of Michelle Obama’s speech,” Manafort told CNN, adding “there’s no feeling on her part that she did it.” Manafort suggested that she was simply using “words that are common words”.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...e-obama-225794

"There's no cribbing of Michelle Obama's speech. These are common words and values that she cares about her family, things like that,” Manafort said Tuesday morning when asked by CNN anchor Chris Cuomo about the plagiarism allegations. “I mean, she was speaking in front of 35 million people last night. She knew that. To think that she would be cribbing Michelle Obama's words is crazy. This is once again an example of when a woman threatens Hillary Clinton, how she seeks out to demean her and take her down. It's not going to work"

It is hilarious that the part about integrity, hard work and honesty where plagiarized.

scottw 07-25-2016 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104940)

It is hilarious that the part about integrity, hard work and honesty where plagiarized.

nobody cares..."move along" :hihi:

PaulS 07-25-2016 07:32 AM

I agree, minor issue.

Let's talk about something really important like what Obama's priest said 10 years ago.

Jim in CT 07-25-2016 07:36 AM

Quote:

"In an interview with Matt Lauer of NBC, Melania Trump said of her speech: “I wrote it with a little help as possible.”

“There’s no cribbing of Michelle Obama’s speech,” Manafort told CNN, adding “there’s no feeling on her part that she did it.” Manafort suggested that she was simply using “words that are common words”.

"There's no cribbing of Michelle Obama's speech. These are common words and values that she cares about her family, things like that,” Manafort said Tuesday morning when asked by CNN anchor Chris Cuomo about the plagiarism allegations. “I mean, she was speaking in front of 35 million people last night. She knew that. To think that she would be cribbing Michelle Obama's words is crazy. This is once again an example of when a woman threatens Hillary Clinton, how she seeks out to demean her and take her down. It's not going to work"

Paul, you are saying that you are concerned with the moral compass of the presidential candidate's spouse? OK, shall we talk about Bill Clinton? Or will you admit the double standard?

Mrs Trump is likely a bubble brained, shallow, gold-digger.

Can you concede that Hilary's spouse isn't exactly anyone's idea of a pillar of morality?

ecduzitgood 07-25-2016 07:39 AM

Quote:

If it was the Democrats the speech writer would get a promotion just like Wasserman who was shown to be rigging the system against their own Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders.

Where are ALL THE outright lies since it seems you admit you were wrong about who wrote the speech?

PaulS 07-25-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1104947)
Paul, you are saying that you are concerned with the moral compass of the presidential candidate's spouse? OK, shall we talk about Bill Clinton? Or will you admit the double standard?

Mrs Trump is likely a bubble brained, shallow, gold-digger.

Can you concede that Hilary's spouse isn't exactly anyone's idea of a pillar of morality?

No, I've said a couple times that I wasn't concerned with Melania. Frankly, I don't know why anyone cares about the spouse of candidate for the most part. I was more concerned with the lies that came out afterward and the attempt to blame someone (Hillary) who had absolutely nothing to do with the Plagarism.

I do think there are more important things to discuss - like what Rev. Wright said 10 years ago.

PaulS 07-25-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1104948)

Where are ALL THE outright lies since it seems you admit you were wrong about who wrote the speech?

Have you not followed anything? Why would I admit something that is incorrect. You seem to not have the least bit of knowledge of the story.

Jim in CT 07-25-2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104954)
No, I've said a couple times that I wasn't concerned with Melania. Frankly, I don't know why anyone cares about the spouse of candidate for the most part. I was more concerned with the lies that came out afterward and the attempt to blame someone (Hillary) who had absolutely nothing to do with the Plagarism.

I do think there are more important things to discuss - like what Rev. Wright said 10 years ago.

I'm not as concerned with what Rev Wright said, as I am with the fact that Obama embraced that hateful bile. If Trump said that a white supremacist was his spiritual mentor, that wouldn't concern you? It would concern me.

PaulS 07-25-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1104957)
I'm not as concerned with what Rev Wright said, as I am with the fact that Obama embraced that hateful bile. If Trump said that a white supremacist was his spiritual mentor, that wouldn't concern you? It would concern me.

You have no proof he "embraced that hateful bile". It is your pettiness and hate. In the past I've provided you with quotes from people who went to the church who said he went off on his tirades, people would roll their eyes and laugh amongst themselves.

Jim in CT 07-25-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104959)
You have no proof he "embraced that hateful bile". It is your pettiness and hate. In the past I've provided you with quotes from people who went to the church who said he went off on his tirades, people would roll their eyes and laugh amongst themselves.

"You have no proof he "embraced that hateful bile".

I don't? Hmmm.

Obama called Wright his spiritual mentor, and said he wouldn't abandon Wright any sooner than he abandoned his grandmother. Meaning, Obama considered Wright as important to him, as his grandmother. And Obama, showing the courage of his convictions, stood by Wright. Until polling suggested that he'd be better off throwing him under the bus, so he did, but I digress.

Obama chose to have Wright baptize his daughters.

Obama chose to have Wright marry him and Michelle.

So either Obama embraced what Wright believed, or he wanted people to think he did, for political support.

Is there another option, Paul?

I'm voting for Trump. If we was some kind of minister, I wouldn't let him anywhere near my wedding or my kids' baptism.

"people would roll their eyes and laugh amongst themselves"

And then go back to that "church" the next week. Which means they agree with the message.

PaulS 07-25-2016 09:40 AM

Nothing that you wrote proved Pres. Obama "embraced that hateful bile".

So you support Trump's racist views?

Jim in CT 07-25-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104962)
Nothing that you wrote proved Pres. Obama "embraced that hateful bile".

So you support Trump's racist views?

Right, Paul. Sure. Barack was offended by all that stuff. That's what he went to the church every Sunday for 20 years, and formed an obviously deep, close relationship with the man. You have to believe that Obama (despite how stingy his VP is) gave at least some money to that collection basket.

I don't like any of the idiotic things Trump says. Here's the difference between me and you, and between me and Spence. I can admit the true flaws with my party's nominee. You can't.

If Trump said that the folks at the Westboro Baptist Church were his spiritual advisors, you bet I'd come out against that. No one expects that kind of intellectual honesty from the left.

ecduzitgood 07-25-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104956)
Have you not followed anything? Why would I admit something that is incorrect. You seem to not have the least bit of knowledge of the story.

Yes, I have followed it and don't see your supposed proof, sell that to the Democratic base.

PaulS 07-25-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1104965)
Yes, I have followed it and don't see your supposed proof, sell that to the Democratic base.

Melania said she wrote it with minimal help. Later the campaign said a staffer wrote it. Did you not see that anywhere?

What part did hillary have in this?

PaulS 07-25-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1104963)
Right, Paul. Sure. Barack was offended by all that stuff. That's what he went to the church every Sunday for 20 years, and formed an obviously deep, close relationship with the man. You have to believe that Obama (despite how stingy his VP is) gave at least some money to that collection basket.

I don't like any of the idiotic things Trump says. Here's the difference between me and you, and between me and Spence. I can admit the true flaws with my party's nominee. You can't.

If Trump said that the folks at the Westboro Baptist Church were his spiritual advisors, you bet I'd come out against that. No one expects that kind of intellectual honesty from the left.

So do you support Trump's racist view or not? Seems like you ignored that question.

ecduzitgood 07-25-2016 10:37 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/politi...-organization/
The Clinton camp who Hillary leads was the first to get the story out. I suppose Hillary played no part in the smear campaign against the other Democratic candidate in your opinion.