Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   More red state Idiocy (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98621)

Got Stripers 02-10-2023 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1238950)
so Det ich points out the laughable
lie that biden told about creating all the jobs lost during covid that i bet sky came back no thanks to him.

you respond by pivoting immediately to trump bashing.

Bob, what are you afraid would happen, if you just admitted Biden was being dishonest? What do you think would happen? What are you afraid of?

Biden has unemployment at 3.4. i think trumps lowest was 3.5. Biden can, and should, brag about that. A meaningful number of jobs have been created on his watch, and he absolutely deserves credit for that.

But most of the 12 million jobs weren’t created, they came back after covid let up. That started before biden took office. Trump and biden share credit for that recovery. Is that not accurate and fair?

It’s simple math Jim, his numbers don’t work and since at this moment Trump is the number one candidate for the 24 run, with Ron nipping at his heels, should I be bashing Nikki, Pompeo or some other GOP candidate? With Ron suggesting like Scott, social security should be on the blocks every five years, unless Trump is charged, he could be your nominee. What about our disdain and focus on Trump don’t you get, are you not capable of grasping the obvious?

Pete F. 02-10-2023 07:22 AM

It’s obvious that despite his claims to the opposite, the dictim really wants Trump, because he reflects his real values.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PaulS 02-10-2023 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1238940)
you criticized her for proposing cuts. does that not mean, that you believe she was proposing to cut things, that you don’t think should be cut?

this isn’t complicated.

This isn't complicated. For the second time, show me where I said that?

Jim in CT 02-10-2023 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1238958)
This isn't complicated. For the second time, show me where I said that?

let’s start at the beginning. You attacked her for proposing cuts. Why did you do that? Am i wrong, for assuming that you’re saying her cuts would hurt people? after all, if her cuts would t hurt anyone, why would you opposer those cuts?

Paul, do you feel there’s any stupid waste in the entire federal budget? Any at all?

My bet is you won’t answer that, because if you say yes, that supports my position, and if you say no, you’re an idiot.

PaulS 02-10-2023 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1238961)
let’s start at the beginning. You attacked her for proposing cuts. Why did you do that? Am i wrong, for assuming that you’re saying her cuts would hurt people? after all, if her cuts would t hurt anyone, why would you opposer those cuts?

Paul, do you feel there’s any stupid waste in the entire federal budget? Any at all?

My bet is you won’t answer that, because if you say yes, that supports my position, and if you say no, you’re an idiot.

Ok, for the 3rd time pls. show me where I criticized her for proposed cuts? That is a pretty simple ask.

Jim in CT 02-10-2023 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1238963)
Ok, for the 3rd time pls. show me where I criticized her for proposed cuts? That is a pretty simple ask.

post 138.

Paul, people who receive welfare but also pay income taxes, have a vested interest in eliminating waste, right? you’re saying she has no right to a say. Unless you nosy zero tax, you’re better off of waste is eliminated

I answered your question exactly as you asked

Here’s mine for the third time. Is there meaningful waste in the federal budget.

i answered your question. grow a pair and answer mine.

and funny, when you bash the takers, it’s always bashing those in red states. I’ve never seen you attack the takers in blue states. The people in new haven and hartford and bridgeport are also taking more than they contribute. You’d never, ever attack them though.

Like everything else, it’s ok when democrats who are net takers, criticize the feds. you only start menstruating when republicans do it. I’d bet you can’t show us a single time where you held liberal takers to the same standard you want to hold conservative takers to.

So your concern with people who take more than they give, is quite selective, depending on politics. Which means your concern is completely fake.

PaulS 02-10-2023 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1238910)
How is this for red state idiocy:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the new governor of Arkansas, has pledged to get the “bureaucratic tyrants” of Washington “out of your wallets”; in 2019 the federal government spent almost twice as much in Arkansas as it collected in taxes, de facto providing the average Arkansas resident with $5,500 in aid.

Talk about ungrateful. Basic decency is to thank the people helping you out but instead the red states insult the blue donor states.

Never once mentioned "waste" like you claimed. You are an angry POS of person. You are quick to insult and call people schizophrenic when you are the one imagining things people never said. You mock liberals and post 2-3 times when you think they rushed to judgement when you did exactly the same thing here. So any distain you feel for them you should look in the mirror and you will see the samething expect you are far worse.

You've called me a moron a few time here. Is it any wonder you have no friends here (maybe you consider the "moderate" a friend?).

You are a scummy douchebag.

Jim in CT 02-10-2023 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1238969)
Never once mentioned "waste" like you claimed. You are an angry POS of person. You are quick to insult and call people schizophrenic when you are the one imagining things people never said. You mock liberals and post 2-3 times when you think they rushed to judgement when you did exactly the same thing here. So any distain you feel for them you should look in the mirror and you will see the samething expect you are far worse.

You've called me a moron a few time here. Is it any wonder you have no friends here (maybe you consider the "moderate" a friend?).

You are a scummy douchebag.

You never, ever used the word "waste". But you did criticize her fpor wanting to keep DC's hands out of her citizens wallets, by which she was obviously referring to taxing and spending.

"You've called me a moron a few time here."

Do you need a list of what you've called me?

Paul, you said here, that citizens of states that take more from the feds than they give, shouldn't complain. Ok, fine. But do you feel the same way about people who live in poor cities in blue states? Obviously the city of Bridgeport receives more than it contributes. Do you feel those people also have no right to an opinion about taxes? Or, because those people happen to live in a state where, as a state, they contribute more than they receive, their right to have a say is restored?

PaulS 02-10-2023 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1238970)
You never, ever used the word "waste". But you did criticize her fpor wanting to keep DC's hands out of her citizens wallets, by which she was obviously referring to taxing and spending.

"You've called me a moron a few time here."

Do you need a list of what you've called me?Sure and post the thread that I responded to when you insult me or claim I said something I never did. It is a pattern.

Paul, you said here, that citizens of states that take more from the feds than they give, shouldn't complain. Ok, fine. But do you feel the same way about people who live in poor cities in blue states? I don't hear them insulting the people who provide benefits to them like those poor red states seem to constantly do.Obviously the city of Bridgeport receives more than it contributes. Do you feel those people also have no right to an opinion about taxes? Or, because those people happen to live in a state where, as a state, they contribute more than they receive, their right to have a say is restored?

Seems like most of the time when Sanders' "bureaucratic tyrants”
are in her citizen's "wallets” are when they are leaving money. How ungrateful can someone be!

Jim in CT 02-10-2023 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1238972)
Seems like most of the time when Sanders' "bureaucratic tyrants”
are in her citizen's "wallets” are when they are leaving money. How ungrateful can someone be!

"I don't hear them insulting the people who provide benefits to them like those poor red states seem to constantly do"

I see. So according to you, democrats in poor liberal cities, never insulted the people running the federal government, when Trump was in charge. That's what you're saying. The people in Baltimore, Chicago, etc.., never insulted Trump or his administration, when they were receiving federal benefits. Whenever they spoke of Trump, it was only to show gratitude for the benefits they were receiving?

That's good, Paul. Stick with that.

PaulS 02-10-2023 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1238974)
"I don't hear them insulting the people who provide benefits to them like those poor red states seem to constantly do"

I see. So according to you, democrats in poor liberal cities, never insulted the people running the federal government, when Trump was in charge. That's what you're saying. The people in Baltimore, Chicago, etc.., never insulted Trump or his administration, when they were receiving federal benefits. Whenever they spoke of Trump, it was only to show gratitude for the benefits they were receiving?

That's good, Paul. Stick with that.

Face it you got caught lying again. You have done that in the past. You are a scummy liar.

Pete F. 02-10-2023 01:15 PM

I wonder why, Jim’s hero always does impressive things and who loves him baby….

Inside Trump’s Plot to Send Rapists and Killers To ‘Destabilize’ Liberal Cities

Donald Trump is privately fuming over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis flying migrants from the Texas border to Martha’s Vineyard, telling confidants the potential 2024 rival stole “my idea” for weaponizing immigrants. Turns out, Trump was right — but his plans were more extreme than anything DeSantis has come up with to date.

In early 2019, three people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone, the then-president workshopped a plan to bus migrants suspected of violent crime from the border to liberal metropolitan areas. The plan, two of the sources say Trump explicitly told staff, was to “punish” his political rivals in Democratic controlled areas.

detbuch 02-10-2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1238947)
How long did it take to find something you liked? This recap of Trumps term says otherwise.

It didn't take long at all. I wasn't even looking for it. Stumbled on the click bait about the seven lies told by Biden in his state of the union. I haven't watched a State of the Union speech in several years. It didn't take long for me to understand that those speeches were puff pieces for the speaker. Sprinkled heavily with stretches of truth, lies, and BS.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the link. And there were the seven lies, to which I thought, OK, so what. What did we expect . And moved on with no thought of posting it on the forum.

Then you made your remark. And my first reaction was, OK, big deal, typical BS back and forth banter full of sound and fury but signifying nothing. But, then, driven by some stupid itch, I posted it as a reply to what you said. I should have let it go. You replied in a manner that I expected. Deflect and move on. The usual $hit, and I let myself get sucked into it. I've been resisting making responses to the usual mumbo jumbo, but had a stupid relapse.

Jim in CT 02-10-2023 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1238978)
I wonder why, Jim’s hero always does impressive things and who loves him baby….

Inside Trump’s Plot to Send Rapists and Killers To ‘Destabilize’ Liberal Cities

Donald Trump is privately fuming over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis flying migrants from the Texas border to Martha’s Vineyard, telling confidants the potential 2024 rival stole “my idea” for weaponizing immigrants. Turns out, Trump was right — but his plans were more extreme than anything DeSantis has come up with to date.

In early 2019, three people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone, the then-president workshopped a plan to bus migrants suspected of violent crime from the border to liberal metropolitan areas. The plan, two of the sources say Trump explicitly told staff, was to “punish” his political rivals in Democratic controlled areas.

no names, no specifics, from a rag that made up the University of VA rape case...that's good enough for Pete though!

I'm surprised Pete, that you'd admit there are any violent criminals coming across the border illegally. But at least we cleared that up. You admit there are violent rapists among those who come across, yet you don't want a secure border. Brilliant.

Jim in CT 02-10-2023 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1238975)
Face it you got caught lying again. You have done that in the past. You are a scummy liar.

To recap:

Paul: I have never heard a democrat in a poor state attack the federal government.

Jim: Not even during the Trump years?

Paul: You're a scummy liar. And a scummy douchebag. And you call people names! I'm clutching my pearls with both hands! And suck my d--K when you can, please?

Paul, I asked 3 times if there's waste in the federal government budget, you cannot come close to answering. It's not even a partisan issue Paul, there's just as much waste when the GOP is in charge. But you're so ideologically enslaved to liberalism, you cannot say anything which anyone could interpret as agreeing with the right.

You're embarassing yourself. Have a good weekend. You deserve it after the bad day you're having.

PaulS 02-10-2023 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1238981)
To recap:to recap - Jim got caught lying again!

Paul: I have never heard a democrat in a poor state attack the federal government.

Jim: Not even during the Trump years?

Paul: You're a scummy liar.Yet I've repeatedly pointed out how you lie constantly And a scummy douchebag. Am I supposed to care what you think? The man who has zero friends here :D And you call people names! I'm clutching my pearls with both hands! And suck my d--K when you can, please?

Paul, I asked 3 times if there's waste in the federal government budget, you cannot come close to answering. It's not even a partisan issue Paul, there's just as much waste when the GOP is in charge. But you're so ideologically enslaved to liberalism, you cannot say anything which anyone could interpret as agreeing with the right.

You're embarassing yourself. your the douche who got called out for lying again. Have a good weekend. You deserve it after the bad day you're having.

Funny - you got caught lying again. scumbag.

Keep calling people moron - it is hilarious coming from you. Think about it before you call people that.

Jim in CT 02-10-2023 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1238983)
Funny - you got caught lying again. scumbag.

Keep calling people moron - it is hilarious coming from you. Think about it before you call people that.

why post in a political forum, if you can’t face a question as ridiculously simple as “is there waste in the federal budget”? That is too radical a question for you Paul? Too difficult or controversial?

or can you only comment on topics ( and there are many) which paint liberals in a favorable light?

PaulS 02-10-2023 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1238988)
why post in a political forum, if you can’t face a question as ridiculously simple as “is there waste in the federal budget”? That is too radical a question for you Paul? Too difficult or controversial?

or can you only comment on topics ( and there are many) which paint liberals in a favorable light?

If everyone responded to every question you asked John would need a new server. I have never felt the need to respond to everything I see or asked.

wdmso 02-10-2023 04:22 PM

Republicans can’t make up their Minds Biden shoots down another balloon at 40 thousand feet in commercial airspace .

Now their. Claiming he shot this one down so quick was politically :huh:

I know conservatives want to forget Jan 6th as if it never happened

I saw this

CNN's SE Cupp says that Republicans criticizing President Joe Biden over his handling of the China spy balloon episode "seems so absurd" when compared to former President Donald Trump's role in the lead up to the January 6th insurrection.

YA THINK

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ostanr-vpx.cnn

The Dad Fisherman 02-10-2023 04:46 PM

“is there waste in the federal budget”?

Yes!

Jim in CT 02-10-2023 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1238989)
If everyone responded to every question you asked John would need a new server. I have never felt the need to respond to everything I see or asked.

Here's the thing, Paul. It took you twenty times longer to type that nonsense, than it would have for you to just answer yes/no to my question. Twenty times the time. You typed 28 words to explain your cowardly dodge. If you really cared about John's server, wouldn't you have just answered my question with a yes or no? After all, it was a yes/no question.

So it has noting to do with how long it would take you to answer, or John's server space. You're just too cowardly or dishonest (I can't think of a third option, sorry) to answer.

What exactly is in that Kool Aid? Some potent, powerful stuff. Wow.

Jim in CT 02-10-2023 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1238994)
“is there waste in the federal budget”?

Yes!

Yes sir. And the republicans are no better at all, in this regard, than democrats. They may be worse, because at least the democrats don't lie when not in power about promising fiscal responsibility if elected.

All of us, both sides, need to re-think the kinds of people we elect to represent us.

Have a good weekend.

wdmso 02-10-2023 05:35 PM

During a Tuesday hearing on border security, Frost used his backbench seat on the Oversight Committee to get two border police officials to overturn the entire premise of the GOP argument on immigration, that Democrats want “open borders”:

Frost: When President Biden took office, did your agents stop enforcing the border and just allow everyone to come in thus creating what we hear is an open border.
Chavez: The answer is no

Imagine that The GOP hearings own witness debunked their open border claims …. What Fools

wdmso 02-10-2023 05:39 PM

You can’t make this up but to the faithful it won’t matter

As Gov. Ron DeSantis prepared for an election night party in downtown Tampa last year, city officials received a surprising — and politically sensitive — request.
The Republican governor’s campaign wanted weapons banned from his victory celebration at the city-run Tampa Convention Center, a city official said in emails obtained by The Washington Post. And the campaign suggested that the city take responsibility for the firearms ban, the official said — not the governor, who has been a vocal supporter of gun rights.

detbuch 02-10-2023 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1238997)
Yes sir. And the republicans are no better at all, in this regard, than democrats. They may be worse, because at least the democrats don't lie when not in power about promising fiscal responsibility if elected.

All of us, both sides, need to re-think the kinds of people we elect to represent us.

Have a good weekend.

The larger the size, scope, and power of a government, the more money it takes to maintain itself. Our Federal Government has constantly and continuously enlarged itself, and has accordingly gotten deeper in debt. What budget conscious people consider "waste" is a necessary expense for those in power to maintain and grow that power.

Who we vote for is no longer the answer for getting rid of "waste" in the Federal Government unless We the Voters want to take back the power that has been snatched from us, and become far more responsible for our lives and destinies. That would take a different kind of people. It would take a people more like those Americans of 1776.

We are not those people.

Got Stripers 02-10-2023 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1239001)
The larger the size, scope, and power of a government, the more money it takes to maintain itself. Our Federal Government has constantly and continuously enlarged itself, and has accordingly gotten deeper in debt. What budget conscious people consider "waste" is a necessary expense for those in power to maintain and grow that power.

Who we vote for is no longer the answer for getting rid of "waste" in the Federal Government unless We the Voters want to take back the power that has been snatched from us, and become far more responsible for our lives and destinies. That would take a different kind of people. It would take a people more like those Americans of 1776.

We are not those people.

Unless your living under a rock, or are in climate change denial, you would notice all these states that are being hammered by the resulting extreme weather catastrophes are being bailed out by your government, with the help of your tax dollars. The scientific community predicts it will only get worse, so if you drastically downsize government and let’s face it, it’s not likely happening in our lifetime, who picks up the tab? So it’s back on the states and how do you think they will pay for it without government assistance, oh yeah your taxes just went up significantly and can you just imagine how fu*ked up some of those efforts would be with the current infrastructure in place. So you can pay the feds or your state, either way someone needs to pay that tab.

I guess you were just born in the wrong time.

wdmso 02-10-2023 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1239001)

We are not those people.

Yep spoken like a Time Machine conservative . Calling for a revolution

I knew you were disappointed that Jan 6th Failed you actually thought your dreams had come true ..

detbuch 02-10-2023 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1239010)
Yep spoken like a Time Machine conservative . Calling for a revolution

I knew you were disappointed that Jan 6th Failed you actually thought your dreams had come true ..

The 1776 Revolution already happened. And it has greatly been abandoned.

After that revolution was won, and a workable Constitution was created as the law to sustain it, the great bulk of American citizens were the body politic who were the "kind of people" who understood that it must be sustained. It took a good bit of time for the American citizen to be transformed into something else.

We now have enough Americans that mock that revolution, consider it an unjust impediment to some unformed path to universal equity. And one of the greatest obstacles to achieving the goals of that inchoate struggle is the notion of individual sovereignty. That is now a simplistic notion. This has also been a revolution. One that has transformed the American citizen into one who understands that the individual must submit to the superior wisdom and expertise of the benevolent state.

So, no, I was not disappointed that the Jan6 riot "failed." It was not a thing that could, in any way, succeed. It was, mostly, regressive, and I was disappointed that it happened.

Even though it was an ignorant attempt without a coherent goal, it did exhibit a sort of reckless spirit which, if it coalesced into an actual spirit of liberty which would not need an armed Revolution to succeed, but to grow into a movement to restore the actual liberties that we still, latently, possess.

That is still possible. A "revolution" would not be needed. Originalism, in a broad sense, if actually practiced, would be a starting point back to a future that has been interrupted by a Progressive wokeness that has infected American politics and culture.

Pete F. 02-10-2023 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1239013)

After that revolution was won, and a workable Constitution was created as the law to sustain it, the great bulk of American citizens were the body politic who were the "kind of people" who understood that it must be sustained. It took a good bit of time for the American citizen to be transformed into something else.

We now have enough Americans that mock that revolution, consider it an unjust impediment to some unformed path to universal equity. And one of the greatest obstacles to achieving the goals of that inchoate struggle is the notion of individual sovereignty. That is now a simplistic notion. This has also been a revolution. One that has transformed the American citizen into one who understands that the individual must submit to the superior wisdom and expertise of the benevolent state.

So, no, I was not disappointed that the Jan6 riot "failed." It was not a thing that could, in any way, succeed. It was, mostly, regressive, and I was disappointed that it happened.

Even though it was an ignorant attempt without a coherent goal, it did exhibit a sort of reckless spirit which, if it coalesced into an actual spirit of liberty which would not need an armed Revolution to succeed, but to grow into a movement to restore the actual liberties that we still, latently, possess.

That is still possible. A "revolution" would not be needed. Originalism, in a broad sense, if actually practiced, would be a starting point back to a future that has been interrupted by a Progressive wokeness that has infected American politics and culture.

Right back to 1860

At one point, the operatives laugh over needing “more Black voices for Trump.” Iverson also references their efforts to engage with Black voters.
“We ever talk to Black people before? I don’t think so,” he said, eliciting laughter from others in the room.

Got Stripers 02-11-2023 07:24 AM

DeBarr needs to find him a DeLorian and retrofit it with a flux capacitor and go back to a time he would fit in.

wdmso 02-11-2023 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1239013)

that has been interrupted by a Progressive wokeness that has infected American politics and culture.

Silly rabbit the founders were progressives and I am sure if woke was a thing back then.

the English king and colonial loyalists would be referring to them as woke Rebels

You really need to up your game in the history of the world and it’s nations and governments .

And Get back to us when you find one that hasn’t changed since it’s creation

Got Stripers 02-11-2023 09:03 AM

DeBarr suffers from desiderium, sadly I feel there is no cure for him, maybe when the ice breaks and he can get out his snoopy rod and catch some crappie.

Jim in CT 02-11-2023 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1239018)
that has been interrupted by a Progressive wokeness that has infected American politics and culture.

Silly rabbit the founders were progressives and I am sure if woke was a thing back then.

the English king and colonial loyalists would be referring to them as woke Rebels

You really need to up your game in the history of the world and it’s nations and governments .

And Get back to us when you find one that hasn’t changed since it’s creation

people who wanted to fight to the death for individual liberty and less taxes, you describe as woke, progressive liberals? people who fought so that the government would leave them alone, those are progressive liberals?

You’ve really got a keen intellect there. I mean that’s impressive logic.

Pete F. 02-11-2023 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1239022)
people who wanted to fight to the death for individual liberty and less taxes, you describe as woke, progressive liberals?

You’ve really got a keen intellect there. I mean that’s impressive logic.

More of your usual baloney and it’s comical since you support every authoritarian you can find and the one who imposed one of the the greatest tax increases.

The Trump administration imposed nearly $80 billion worth of new taxes on Americans by levying tariffs on thousands of products, which is equivalent to one of the largest tax increases in decades. Based on 2021 import levels and country exemptions, the tariffs amounted to a $52.6 billion tax increase in 2021.

Jim in CT 02-11-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1239023)
More of your usual baloney and it’s comical since you support every authoritarian you can find and the one who imposed one of the the greatest tax increases.

The Trump administration imposed nearly $80 billion worth of new taxes on Americans by levying tariffs on thousands of products, which is equivalent to one of the largest tax increases in decades. Based on 2021 import levels and country exemptions, the tariffs amounted to a $52.6 billion tax increase in 2021.

now, we have the pleasure of hearing from the guy who said democrats ended slavery!

You’re right pete, that must be why prices of goods were so much higher when Trump was president than they are today.

is there some kind of low-IQ newsletter you subscribe to, or something?

Jim in CT 02-11-2023 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1239023)

IF we believe your “data”, a 52b tax hike is about, what, $150 bucks a year for each one of us.

current inflation is coating americans to spend between 5k and 10k more a year, to maintain their standard of living.

good thing it’s transitory.

Pete F. 02-11-2023 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1239025)
now, we have the pleasure of hearing from the guy who said democrats ended slavery!

You’re right pete, that must be why prices of goods were so much higher when Trump was president than they are today.

is there some kind of low-IQ newsletter you subscribe to, or something?

Oh poor Dictim
You’ve confused yourself again.
Thinking that today’s Trumplican party is the party of Lincoln.

(At one point, the operatives laugh over needing “more Black voices for Trump.” Iverson also references their efforts to engage with Black voters.
“We ever talk to Black people before? I don’t think so,” he said, eliciting laughter from others in the room.)

Now tell me about corporate profits and stock buybacks.

Or change your alpha male, conservative ways and find peace as a liberal. Choose light, not darkness. Like the sun, the warmth is contagious.

Jim in CT 02-11-2023 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1239027)
Oh poor Dictim
You’ve confused yourself again.
Thinking that today’s Trumplican party is the party of Lincoln.

(At one point, the operatives laugh over needing “more Black voices for Trump.” Iverson also references their efforts to engage with Black voters.
“We ever talk to Black people before? I don’t think so,” he said, eliciting laughter from others in the room.)

Now tell me about corporate profits and stock buybacks.

Or change your alpha male, conservative ways and find peace as a liberal. Choose light, not darkness. Like the sun, the warmth is contagious.

corporate profits and stick buybacks? wall street is a democrat entity now pete. If you don’t like wall street, look in the mirror.

Pete F. 02-11-2023 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1239029)
corporate profits and stick buybacks? wall street is a democrat entity now pete. If you don’t like wall street, look in the mirror.

Poor dictim, the Trumplicans need better candidates to attract big money.
TOM STEYER: And let me say this. I, of course, will be supporting - I've said from the beginning, every Democrat is a million times better than Trump. Trump is a disaster.

You think corporate America is going to take Ronda Santis’ attacks on Disney, but of course racial justice and the environment don’t matter, just look at what Ronda’s done in Floriduh.

Jim in CT 02-11-2023 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1239031)
Poor dictim, the Trumplicans need better candidates to attract big money.
TOM STEYER: And let me say this. I, of course, will be supporting - I've said from the beginning, every Democrat is a million times better than Trump. Trump is a disaster.

You think corporate America is going to take Ronda Santis’ attacks on Disney, but of course racial justice and the environment don’t matter, just look at what Ronda’s done in Floriduh.

so are you opposed to wall street, or not? you’re kind of all over the place, depending on the moment. is it a good thing, or a bad thing, to be the party that is embraced by wall street and silicon valley tycoons?

if our candidates are bad, why do we have more elected offices at the state and federal levels?

Ronda! Good one! making fun of names instead of talking about issues is. great sign.

disney made blatantly false attacks against Ronda. Play stupid games…