Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Meet & Greet Forum (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Meet & Greet Thread - Member Introductions! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=43242)

Tinslinger 01-21-2008 03:08 PM

My name is John, 55 10/12 yrs old, work for the MDOT and PT at DSG. I have two girls on their own and a boy in his 3rd yr of college. Also a 5 yr grandson who loves to fish. Oh yea, a very beautiful wife.
I live in Maine but came here from away (Bklyn-SI-NJ). I've been Striper fishing for 42yrs but my PB is still only 20#.
Just getting back into the surf thing. Plans this winter include reconning new spots, rigging slugs Mckenna style, building some needles and coming up with a game plan for this season.
This is a great site and there is something new to learn from it everyday.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!! 27-24

Mad Hatter 01-22-2008 03:06 PM

I'm Iggy - went out with Vineyard and WH guides for a number of years (I'd recommend that strategy), asked alot of questions , and finally set out on my own do decently from shore with occaisional boat outing. Bad night fishing still beats the hell out of most things. Hit the canal for the first time last summer - I'll be back...hope you guys appreciated the fish I left there for ya...

bazel 01-22-2008 08:57 PM

New to S-B

Hey my name is Barry and I live on the Cape. I fish from shore, from yaks, and sometimes a boat when possible. Enjoy the sport and thrill of a tight line. This off season I have resorted to reading anything I can get my hands on and surfing the web.

StormCaster 01-22-2008 11:58 PM

Hello all . . .name is Storm. I have been fishing for many years and enjoy fishing from the surf than on the boat.

Raven 01-23-2008 04:23 AM

welcome guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazel (Post 558088)
Hey my name is Barry and I live on the Cape. I fish from shore, from yaks, and sometimes a boat when possible. Enjoy the sport and thrill of a tight line. This off season I have resorted to reading anything I can get my hands on and surfing the web.

Bruce Lee once said: boards don't punch back....

my point being
that you can ask questions here and get very specific answers
except of course .......on spots

don't miss plugfest on 2 -16 in Carver MA.

SEA BASS 01-24-2008 04:35 PM

hello all, my name is Paul. I am 47 and have been fishing most of my life. I was mostly a trout guy for many years but for the last several years I have been mostly fishing for stripers.

SurfAngler 01-27-2008 04:02 PM

Hi to all...
I am Luca..italian angler...
I'm 28,and i love the Surfcasting(surf fishing) and many others fishing tecniques.
I'm very happy to write on your forum...
See you soon.

Oh, I almost forgot..Sorry for my english !!

Raven 01-27-2008 09:24 PM

bene bene

surf angler a very big welcome to S-B

:hihi:

SurfAngler 01-28-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 559730)
surf angler a very big welcome to S-B

:hihi:

thank you very much Raven...!

Raven 01-28-2008 03:11 PM

so tell us what you catch in Italy ?

SurfAngler 01-28-2008 03:19 PM

Well...
From autumn to spring...when i practice "hard surfcasting" the main target is the predatory fishes.
The most important is surely the BASS...
In our land is nicknamed "the Queen" !!
Other species..are "SERRA FISH"..and "BARRACUDA"(They are tropical fishes)
Black sea bass(Orata),'Sheepshead bream'(Sarago)...Dentex...
And generally speaking..BLUE FISH.

SurfAngler 01-28-2008 03:23 PM

Rarely,get in a shark from atlantic ocean...
And than...is a real engagement !!!

Raven 01-28-2008 03:23 PM

there was a show on TV

detailing the age old Fishing families that catch tuna

it's here on this site i believe too "the last tuna"

and how the huge boats will put the italian tuna fishermen

out of business soon....from over fishing them.....

interesting.....

we'll look forward to some photo's from your surfcasting

SurfAngler 01-28-2008 03:28 PM

sure...
I gotta go to dinner now...
After...will be a pleasure ..Raven
Bye

Raven 01-28-2008 06:11 PM

nice spot

40 miles to either coast of Italy

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...1/sardinia.jpg

Gunpowder 01-28-2008 08:27 PM

not a bad place to be at all.... kinda like RI :hihi:

fishbones 01-30-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurfAngler (Post 559641)
Hi to all...
Oh, I almost forgot..Sorry for my english !!

No need to apologize. Your English is better than a lot you'll see here.:hee: Welcome to the site. Italy is a beautiful country and the people are some of the nicest anywhere. I am looking forward to getting back there when my son is older and my wife and I can leave him for a week. Looks like some good fishing, too. Post pictures whenever you get a chance. It's nice to see what else is out there in the great big ocean.

capnpiney 02-05-2008 10:59 AM

HI all,

Looked like this was a New England States site at first glance ,How cool though an international site,with language lessons of fishes names!
My Name is Nick and fish out of Barnegat NJ from a boat,Tried surf fishing a few times,not very proficient or patient i suppose hope to learn technics from others

Raven 02-05-2008 11:51 AM

Capn Piney

welcome to S-B :wave:

Gunpowder 02-05-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnpiney (Post 562702)
Tried surf fishing a few times,not very proficient or patient i suppose hope to learn technics from others

ull be a pro in no time if ure on here as often as most of us :happy: