Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   the Trump Phenomenon (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=90079)

Fly Rod 02-26-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1094537)
Use the google.

Spence...did not ask how to google that....said, show us the article where romney mentioned all three.....:)

spence 02-26-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1094579)
He had WMD's , Al Qaeda is real and it wasn't such a great debate.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Which cereal box did you learn this from?

buckman 02-26-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1094581)
Look at the link Spence and I posted. 20% think freeing the slaves was a bad idea - WTF!

I think the Neo Nazis also endorsed Trump.

You're the one who made the asinine comment about the KKK, so stop your whining.

I don't whine . Your Republicans are racist dribble annoys me . It's stupid and a lie .

buckman 02-26-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1094583)
Which cereal box did you learn this from?

The last part ? Fruity Pebbles

spence 02-26-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 1094582)
Spence...did not ask how to google that....said, show us the article where romney mentioned all three.....:)

That's really lazy :yawn:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-g...p-taxes-219746

PaulS 02-26-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1094586)
I don't whine . Your Republicans are racist dribble annoys me . It's stupid and a lie .

Sounds like a whine.

Certainly not all Repub. Prob. not even the majority but a significant %.

dribble :spin:

buckman 02-26-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1094589)
Certainly not all Repub. Prob. not even the majority but a significant %.

dribble :spin:

Yes dribble and sad you think that

PaulS 02-26-2016 02:49 PM

Didn't the 2 links prove that?

And you're right it is sad. I don't remember it being so prevalent.

Nebe 02-26-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1094590)
Yes dribble and sad you think that

A % of trump supporters were polled and said that they believed that the abolishment of slavery was a mistake. #makeamericagreat agian

detbuch 02-26-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1094575)
I'm guessing you don't know that what was the Dem. party back then has morphed into the current Rep. party and what was the Rep. party back then has morphed into the Dem. party of today.

That's an interesting observation. How did you arrive at it?

In fact, I would bet that if someone compared the states that voted Rep. back then to the states that now vote Dem., there would be a very good correlation.

It seems to me that the Southern States became less racist when they became Republican.

And the Northern States seem to have morphed from what was then a conservative, more constitutional Republicanism which embraced the original American ethic of personal responsibility and fidelity to founding principles into something quite opposite--Progressivism.

buckman 02-26-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1094591)
Didn't the 2 links prove that?

And you're right it is sad. I don't remember it being so prevalent.

It's not as prevalent as you think . Don't confuse reality with racism Blame social media and the cable and network news . They like to stir the pot for ratings

Raider Ronnie 02-26-2016 06:08 PM

I highly doubt Trump will ever be president.
Some left wing, gun hating nut job will put a bullet in him or someone from the Clinton camp will kill him. They've got some experience in this type of thing.

PaulS 02-26-2016 06:27 PM

A liberal wouldn't shoot him. Prob. try hitting him with a sling shot.

I could see some Clinton aide doing that so they could use that as a campaign issue.

Nebe 02-26-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1094615)
I highly doubt Trump will ever be president.
Some left wing, gun hating nut job will put a bullet in him or someone from the Clinton camp will kill him. They've got some experience in this type of thing.

I'm lighting my prayer candle now.

Raven 02-27-2016 05:23 AM

i am not paying for that foking wall
vs
i did not have sex with that woman

scottw 02-27-2016 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1094557)

wait...."time.com" says..."the TIMES"....says...."some obscure poll somewhere" ....says..."nearly 20% of Trump supporters did not approve of freeing the slaves, according to a January YouGov/Economist poll"....resulting in a headline that reads ...."Nearly 20% of Trump Fans Think Freeing the Slaves Was a Bad Idea".....and....."Nearly one in five don't support the Emancipation Proclamation"

WAIT....read the frigging links!!!

New data from YouGov and Public Policy Polling show the extent to which he has tapped into a set of deeply rooted racial attitudes. But first, two caveats about these data are worth bearing in mind. The national YouGov survey was done near the middle of January, before the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire and South Carolina primaries. Public Policy Polling is a company aligned with the Democratic Party, and some of its results over the years have been suspected of bias.

"The P.P.P. poll asked"
"According to P.P.P"

The Economist/YouGov Poll
Sample 2000 General Population Respondents
Conducted January 15 - 19, 2016
Margin of Error ±2.9%
Respondents were selected from YouGov’s opt-in Internet
panel using sample matching.
A random sample
(stratified by age, gender, race, education, and region)
was selected from the 2010 American Community Study.
Voter registration was imputed from the November
2010 Current Population Survey Registration and Voting
Supplement. Religion, political interest, minor party
identification, and non-placement on an ideology scale,
were imputed from the 2008 Pew Religion in American
Life Survey.

shocking....trolling for a racist conclusion and willing people to a) complete the questionnaire and b)promote the conclusion...the questions are hilarious

there are just as many with racist biases that identify as democrats as there are republicans ....and you don't need a poll for that :btu:

buckman 02-27-2016 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1094592)
A % of trump supporters were polled and said that they believed that the abolishment of slavery was a mistake. #makeamericagreat agian

Paul is the only one to believe this dribble

Nebe 02-27-2016 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1094648)

You would think something like this would be 100% false. But nope.
America really wants to be great agian.

http://www.snopes.com/trump-supporters-pro-slavery/

scottw 02-27-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1094652)

did you read your link Eben?

Nebe 02-27-2016 09:59 AM

I did read it it says it's half true. Think about that

scottw 02-27-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1094656)
I did read it it says it's half true. Think about that

"half true"....that's funny

half–truth: a statement that is only partly true and that is intended to deceive people...Half-truths may use various tools, including statistics, unexpected meanings of words, facts taken out of context...

think about that .....

Nebe 02-27-2016 10:42 AM

I have thought a lot about it. It's the same bull chit that people say about Sanders being a Comunist.
Rand Paul is endorsing him as being the most free market friendly of the bunch. Think about that.

There's no question in my mind that a vast majority of Trump supporters are mouth breathing poorly educated racist xenophobes. Sure, some are smart highly educated racists.
The fact is... Trump = hate, fear, ignorance, and white power. :wave:

buckman 02-27-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1094652)

I don't know how many people you have talked to that have admitted they will vote for Trump, but I'm guessing it is not many . I know you believe I'm a racist based on my conservative stance and that says more about you than me .
I don't know if you've been watching the news lately, but it's wall-to-wall coverage on which democrat candidate has the black vote ....Think about that

Nebe 02-27-2016 11:01 AM

I don't think you are a full blown racist but I would guess you wouldn't be happy if your daughter dated a black man.

As for the black vote, why wouldn't the majority of the black population vote democratic? They want progress.

buckman 02-27-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1094664)
I don't think you are a full blown racist but I would guess you wouldn't be happy if your daughter dated a black man.

As for the black vote, why wouldn't the majority of the black population vote democratic? They want progress.

How has that progress worked out for black Americans so far ?
I would be OK with my daughter datlng a black man . As long as he was honest, loyal, worked hard and treated her the way she deserves .

Nebe 02-27-2016 11:24 AM

That's a great answer.

buckman 02-27-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1094667)
That's a great answer.

It's the way most conservatives feel . The ones I associate with, look at the soul not the race or religion .

Sea Dangles 02-27-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1094660)
I have thought a lot about it. It's the same bull chit that people say about Sanders being a Comunist.
Rand Paul is endorsing him as being the most free market friendly of the bunch. Think about that.

There's no question in my mind that a vast majority of Trump supporters are mouth breathing poorly educated racist xenophobes. Sure, some are smart highly educated racists.

Nebe,this really is some juvenile drivel you are spouting. To stereotype this way makes it seem as though you are the person with no tolerance. Funny thing is that if you actually have been paying attention to this race then you would understand that Trump is a moderate. His answers regarding planned parenthood and healthcare demonstrate a compassion which is unusual for the party he represents.

If you don't think there are racists in the Democratic Party you are not paying attention. Please defend your position by letting us see the white power and ignorance positions that you have accused Trump of endorsing.

PaulS 02-27-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1094648)

If it has been proven half true as Nebe said, so be it. The fact still stands that Trump has the support of Duke and I believe the Neo Nazis. The overwhelming % of Blacks support Dems. And you're the one who made the original asinine comment about the KKK.

PaulS 02-27-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1094660)

I disagree with that first statement. I agree with that 2nd statement up to the white power. I think there is something there where people feel they are losing power or control and are trying to figure out why. They are thinking how great things use to be and want to go back to those days.

Edit - just saw Seadangles response and agree Trump is really a moderate. I think if he stopped his outlandish statements and hateful rhetoric he might be getting more votes.