Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   FBI… (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98291)

PaulS 08-10-2022 08:03 AM

don't forget the Trump admin. set a record for referring the most cases concerning leaks to the DOJ ever.

wdmso 08-10-2022 08:04 AM

The use of Words matter …. Just look a Republican language across the spectrum

Here’s the latest accusations of the FBI conspiracy

It raises the question of why and potentially the "planting" of some type of evidence, Trump warned.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete F. 08-10-2022 08:16 AM

The reason Donald Trump is the first former president to be treated like a criminal is that he is the first former president who is a criminal.

Got Stripers 08-10-2022 10:37 AM

He has been dodging the law his entire life, pays the settlements and moves on to the next caper.

PaulS 08-10-2022 10:46 AM

I'm sure he will answer all the questions at his deposition today since he has said in the past only guilty people take the fifth.

wdmso 08-10-2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1230847)
I'm sure he will answer all the questions at his deposition today since he has said in the past only guilty people take the fifth.

Just in

Former US President Donald Trump has said he declined to answer questions as part of a New York investigation into his family's business practices.

Got Stripers 08-10-2022 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1230849)
Just in

Former US President Donald Trump has said he declined to answer questions as part of a New York investigation into his family's business practices.

I guess he is guilty according to his past statements about people taking the fifth.

Pete F. 08-10-2022 11:17 AM

I don't understand why Republicans are so upset? Don't they value their own advice to Black & brown people?
•If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to worry about.
•Maybe if you respected law enforcement, they wouldn't bother you?
•Stop resisting and simply comply!

Jim in CT 08-10-2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1230852)
I guess he is guilty according to his past statements about people taking the fifth.

I am 100% certain that the more we look at Trump, the more dirt we'll find. There's no chance that's not true.

DO you really believe there's nothing to the Joe/Hunter Biden thing? Hunter earned all that money legitimately? Joe saying he never spoke to Hunter or his associates about business, that passes the common sense test? The FBI director says it's "very disturbing" the way agents downplayed that story, and obviously the media and big tech conspired to bury that story before the election. None of that concerns you?

Again, I believe Trump is one of the most flawed people in politics today. But when no one ever stops looking into him, and no one begins to look into the Bidens, that sort of predetermines that Trump will look worse, doesn't it?

It's my hope Trump never runs again. Id prefer any one of a handful of Republicans who aren't as insane. But any of them will get the same exact treatment from the media that Trump got. Ask Brett Kavanaugh or the racist Amy Barrett, who adopted 2 black orphans from Haiti, yet somehow she's still a white supremacist.

We never talk remotely honestly about issues anymore, just slinging mud about who is more disgusting.

I presume you're going to say "false equivalence" as always. But I'm on your side and rooting that they get some real dirt on Trump, although we're rooting for that for very different reasons.

scottw 08-10-2022 12:15 PM

I wonder when the loons will hit peak Trump Derangement?

wdmso 08-10-2022 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1230856)

They already have.

Camped out at Mar-a-Lago Club

With profound statements. “ Trump has never lied”

Pete F. 08-10-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Which loons, the same people saying Trump getting raided at Mar-a-Lago will consolidate GOP voters and result in higher turnout are the same people who said that about Roe being overturned and about Trump's first impeachment. Then Trump lost by 7 million votes.
But people were happy……..

Jim in CT 08-10-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

If he runs in 2024 and wins, that will be the apex of TDS.

Got Stripers 08-10-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Easy answer, when this crazy mother fu*ker who the GOP worships as their savior, either gets convicted of the crimes he has committed or he decides he won’t run in 24. You may be a sarcastic and snarky bastard, but even you can understand that. Unless of course you are in the crazy camp, thinking Trump actually won and the FBI and DOJ are part of the deep state out to get him.

Jim in CT 08-10-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1230867)
Unless of course you are in the crazy camp, thinking Trump actually won and the FBI and DOJ are part of the deep state out to get him.

Is former governor Andrew Cuomo in that crazy camp? Because he said that the DOJ better show it had a good reason for the raid, otherwise they have no credibility.

https://www.newsweek.com/andrew-cuom...o-raid-1732207

Got Stripers 08-10-2022 04:20 PM

Really Jim, in this fu*ked up political environment, you think the FBI, the DOJ and certainly the AG, would raid a former president without cause?

Jim in CT 08-10-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1230874)
Really Jim, in this fu*ked up political environment, you think the FBI, the DOJ and certainly the AG, would raid a former president without cause?

I don't think they did. And I hope they didn't. But I wouldn't rule it out either. You're saying Andrew Cuomo is a crackpot? Or is he still a hero and I'm the only crackpot, even though I'm saying the same exact thing he's saying?

The reason why the environment is f*cked up, is hate. They hate Trump. They lied to a FISA court to spy on Carter Page because they hated Trump. They swept the Hunter story under the rug (according to the current FBI director, not according to me), because they hate Trump/

Got Stripers 08-10-2022 05:23 PM

Stay on point Jim your whataboutism crap is old and moldy, time to throw it out. Trump lost his security clearance when he left office, he basically illegally took government documents, some supposedly highly classified and refused to give them back, he called the DOJ’s bluff and they took what they wanted back. The right wing conspiracy theory generation machine has sparked your interest, what a shocker.

Jim in CT 08-10-2022 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1230877)
Stay on point Jim your whataboutism crap is old and moldy, time to throw it out. Trump lost his security clearance when he left office, he basically illegally took government documents, some supposedly highly classified and refused to give them back, he called the DOJ’s bluff and they took what they wanted back. The right wing conspiracy theory generation machine has sparked your interest, what a shocker.

5 minutes ago, your point was that only right wing nuts questioned the validity of the raid.

Are democrats ever guilty of naked hypocrisy? Or is it always invalid whatabouitism?

Not sure why it's not valid to say "what about the time when democrats did something similar and that was OK?"

You never actually justify the lefts behavior, you just accuse me of whataboutism as if that's the end of it. If my comparisons are nonsense, explain why? We all see that you never, ever explain why.

"The right wing conspiracy theory generation machine has sparked your interest, what a shocker."

So you're saying that Governor Andrew Cuomo is part of the right wing conspiracy machine?

PaulS 08-10-2022 05:39 PM

Donald Trump has a copy of the warrant and should release the reason it was authorized.

scottw 08-10-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1230867)
Easy answer, when this crazy mother fu*ker who the GOP worships as their savior, either gets convicted of the crimes he has committed or he decides he won’t run in 24. You may be a sarcastic and snarky bastard, but even you can understand that. Unless of course you are in the crazy camp, thinking Trump actually won and the FBI and DOJ are part of the deep state out to get him.

wow...cranky little man:hihi:

scottw 08-10-2022 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1230874)

leftist like raids....especially with lots of military style assault weapons and when really old people are their target....

Got Stripers 08-10-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1230880)
wow...cranky little man:hihi:

Were you looking in the mirror, step up on a stool fool it will make you look bigger; at least in your own eyes.

scottw 08-10-2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1230885)
Were you looking in the mirror, step up on a stool fool it will make you look bigger; at least in your own eyes.

cranky internet tough guy :rotflmao:

scottw 08-10-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1230879)
Donald Trump has a copy of the warrant and should release the reason it was authorized.

why?...the pressure is on garland & co to explain this,,, I heard brandon still doesn't know anything about it, he's still trying to shake hands with schumer again

Pete F. 08-10-2022 09:35 PM

Today, federal, state and local law enforcement will execute thousands of search warrants based on probable cause at people’s homes and businesses. Not one Republican elected official will say a word about any of them.

wdmso 08-11-2022 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1230881)
leftist like raids....especially with lots of military style assault weapons and when really old people are their target....

Policy not age determines what’s required

Ps get back to us when they shoot said old person

I thought military assault weapons weren’t scary.

It’s odd only Republicans and conservatives feel they should be searched and arrested differently then the citizens around them.

wdmso 08-11-2022 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1230889)
why?...the pressure is on garland & co to explain this,,, I heard brandon still doesn't know anything about it, he's still trying to shake hands with schumer again

No it’s not on Garland to explain anything. It’s called an investigation

Trump won’t release the warrant because he’s already fund raising off the search 5 mins after it the news . And he know his faithful will shower him with cash

Eric Trump boasts of record fundraising for ex-president after FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago residence

MAR-A-LAGO was RAIDED,” Trump texted his supporters on Tuesday morning. “The Radical Left is corrupt. Return the power to the people! Will you fight with me? Donate.”

Trump’s pick for Senate in Ohio, JD Vance, offered: “This is NOT a DRILL. Joe Biden is ATTACKING President Trump for STANDING UP for US, It’s time we show we have President Trump’s back! Act here.” The message provided a link to donate.

It all sounds l
very dystopian

Buy the faithful don’t reside in reality

Jim in CT 08-11-2022 06:30 AM

wdmso you’re right, they have no obligation to reveal anything.

But this is an organization that has gone out of its way to get americans to distrust them. AG Eric Holder said “I’m Obama’s wingman”, which is an explicit, overt statement that the DOJ is now politicized. The IRS targeted conservatives. The FBI lied to a FISA court to kick off the russian hoax. They threatened to go after parents who speak up at school board meetings. They buried the Hunter Biden facts.

If your goal was to stir up the crazies on the right, this is exactly how i’d do it. It’s precisely how i’d do it.

This doesn’t mean that they didn’t have perfectly legitimate reasons to search trumps home. But there’s a pattern here of using the DOJ as a club against the right. America doesn’t care if you refuse to concede that pattern.

PaulS 08-11-2022 07:07 AM

The Trump appointed Wray agrees with Hillary:

Christopher Wray, who was appointed as the agency’s director in 2017 by Trump, called threats circulating online against federal agents and the Justice Department “deplorable and dangerous.”

Jim in CT 08-11-2022 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1230895)
The Trump appointed Wray agrees with Hillary:

Christopher Wray, who was appointed as the agency’s director in 2017 by Trump, called threats circulating online against federal agents and the Justice Department “deplorable and dangerous.”

threats are indeed deplorable
And dangerous. has anyone disagreed?

That same Christopher Wray, said he finds it “deeply troubling” the way FBI agents swept the hunter biden affair under the rug.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...ation-00049922

PaulS 08-11-2022 07:30 AM

What did Hillary say 1/2 of the Repub. are in a basket of deplorables?

Jim in CT 08-11-2022 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1230897)
What did Hillary say 1/2 of the Repub. are in a basket of deplorables?

yeah she did say it, and many say it cost her the election.

summer of love, who committed all that violence? republicans? the tea party?

no shortage of extremists on either side paul.

Nebe 08-11-2022 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1230898)

Posted from my
iPhone/Mobile device

Hmmm last I heard every single mass shooting was done by a white male alt right conservative.

The Dad Fisherman 08-11-2022 08:22 AM

Then you may want to pay attention to the news a little more

Jim in CT 08-11-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1230900)
Hmmm last I heard every single mass shooting was done by a white male alt right conservative.

(1) are those the only crimes in the world? the people burning cities in the summer of 2020, those weren’t liberal lunatics?

(2) as TDF said, your facts are wrong.

PaulS 08-11-2022 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1230898)

How do you know it was all Dems? BC a lot of them were Black?

Pete F. 08-11-2022 08:56 AM

The far right has taken control of the Republican Party
They use terror to do it, for instance.

Michigan Rep. Peter Meijer wrote shortly after the attack about a fellow representative who bowed to the terrorists’ demands (and “terrorist” is the right word for someone who uses or threatens violence to influence politics):

My colleague told me that efforts to overturn the election were wrong, and that voting to certify was a constitutional duty. But my colleague feared for family members, and the danger the vote would put them in. Profoundly shaken, my colleague voted to overturn. An angry mob succeeded in threatening at least one member of Congress from performing what that member understood was a constitutional responsibility.

This domestic terrorist threat has increased over the past years, starting from the Oklahoma bombing it’s continually grown.
From this thread content I can see that people know about Wray’s statement.
The suggestion that the DOJ and FBI should be driven by terrorist’s demands is comical.
What other terrorist group has the US government conceded to?

Here’s the FBI definition of domestic terrorism

Domestic terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.

If you want to claim “they didn’t do it yet” the act of threatening is a crime and for good reason.

A violent crime, violent felony, crime of violence or crime of a violent nature is a crime in which an offender or perpetrator uses or threatens to use harmful force upon a victim. This entails both crimes in which the violent act is the objective, such as murder, assault, rape and assassination, as well as crimes in which violence is used as a method of coercion or show of force, such as robbery, extortion and terrorism. Violent crimes may, or may not, be committed with weapons.

But Hunter, Hillary and race riots…..🤡s

Pete F. 08-11-2022 09:24 AM

Trump is the person who revealed MAL had been searched.

The FBI went in plainclothes, after informing the SS.

Trump has a copy of the search warrant that lists the crimes they are investigating.
He has the inventory of what was seized.

Trump is the one withholding that information.

Why won't Trump tell us if he's under investigation for violating the Espionage Act?

Did the warrant list 18 USC 793? Yes, or no.

Your leader is a crook, a conman and you’re his marks.

Jim in CT 08-11-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1230903)
How do you know it was all Dems? BC a lot of them were Black?

So you don't concede that BLM and Antifa are mostly on the left. Yet you know that everyone threatening the FBI is a conservative.

I forgot what a treat it is to talk to you.