Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   God I cant stand her (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=38907)

spence 03-11-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 472746)
If gays want to be respected they can stop marching in jockstraps during thier annual parade in boston touching themselves and others in places that should only be touched while in private, or at least the back seat of a car.

The vast majority of gay people are quite normal and just want to lead their lives equally under the law.

If you want to whitewash an entire segment of the population by the actions of a vocal minority, you're just proving those fighting stereotypes to be 100% justified in their actions.

-spence

stripersnipr 03-11-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 472751)
I think you should check your obviously biased sources. This recent Maher story was set off by an online quote that Maher never said...and then the above is completely taken out of context.

Go billmaher.com and read the transcript of the show for yourself.

-spence

This is the quote off of Maher's Website which is the same quote stated in the blog I posted: ": I have zero doubt that if #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney was not in power people wouldn't be dying needlessly tomorrow. If he did die, other people — more people would live. That's a fact".

Why would you deny he said it when he doesn't? Anne Coulter is paying a price for her comments and so will Maher, although he won't get the same degree of media bashing as Anne did.

spence 03-11-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 472782)
Why would you deny he said it when he doesn't? Anne Coulter is paying a price for her comments and so will Maher, although he won't get the same degree of media bashing as Anne did.

The initial quote which set the punditry in action was a non-quote....

The quote you posted is taken out of context. Read the transcript.

-spence

Nebe 03-11-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 472782)
This is the quote off of Maher's Website which is the same quote stated in the blog I posted: ": I have zero doubt that if #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney was not in power people wouldn't be dying needlessly tomorrow. If he did die, other people — more people would live. That's a fact".

why? because there is truth to what maher says, while Ann coulter is simply talking out her twat :rotf3:

stripersnipr 03-11-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 472808)
why? because there is truth to what maher says, while Ann coulter is simply talking out her twat :rotf3:

I guess both are a matter of opinion.

Nebe 03-11-2007 08:03 PM

well when you have chenney telling the americans a mushroom cloud is iminent over the us because the iraqis are searching for uranium (bogus info) and after that was proved to be bogus, told the americans that iraq was linked to Al Queda (bogus)
yeah, i would say lots of people died wouldnt you/??

stripersnipr 03-11-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 472847)
well when you have chenney telling the americans a mushroom cloud is iminent over the us because the iraqis are searching for uranium (bogus info) and after that was proved to be bogus, told the americans that iraq was linked to Al Queda (bogus)
yeah, i would say lots of people died wouldnt you/??

Saddam wasn't responsible for any deaths and removing him from power didn't save any lives?

Swimmer 03-12-2007 10:52 AM

Spence.........anyone

I edited my post to be blank.

spence 03-12-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 472848)
Saddam wasn't responsible for any deaths and removing him from power didn't save any lives?

Save lives?

3000+ American troops, 800+ US Contractors and tens of thousands of Iraqi's...

And you're saying we went there to save lives?

-spence

spence 03-12-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 473001)
I edited my post to be blank.

Whatta, you can't handle the truth?

:laugha:

-spence

Raven 03-13-2007 06:59 AM

re: i can't stand her

as soon as i see her on TV i have to mute it
change the channel or turn off the TV :wall:

the day she gets elected will be the day i apply to
become a Canadian.

fishpoopoo 03-13-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHunters (Post 470233)

spit coffee on the keyboard. lol.