Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   ACORN Again... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=59255)

buckman 09-13-2009 11:47 AM

It's fraud, plain and simple. Answer me why register only Dem. voters ? Maybe I'm a cynic, I know, but if you want me to believe that they never had the intent of rigging the election, your going to have to explain the real reason for the registration fraud. And" GOP claims" won't cover it.
The GOP didn't register the Dallas Cowboy team, Acorn did.
No personal responsability....the change we have been waiting for!!!!

spence 09-13-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 711209)
It's fraud, plain and simple. Answer me why register only Dem. voters ? Maybe I'm a cynic, I know, but if you want me to believe that they never had the intent of rigging the election, your going to have to explain the real reason for the registration fraud. And" GOP claims" won't cover it.
The GOP didn't register the Dallas Cowboy team, Acorn did.
No personal responsability....the change we have been waiting for!!!!

So you're going to file false registrations from the inner city in the hopes of making money and not getting caught...and you wonder why they would register Dems? This isn't rocket science...

As for rigging the election, there's zero evidence I'm aware of that indicates any systemic actions by ACORN to even attempt to do so.

Hell, if you're going to rig an election, making more democratic votes in precincts that are already guaranteed to vote demo doesn't make a lot of sense either!

-spence

buckman 09-13-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 711210)
So you're going to file false registrations from the inner city in the hopes of making money and not getting caught...and you wonder why they would register Dems? This isn't rocket science...

As for rigging the election, there's zero evidence I'm aware of that indicates any systemic actions by ACORN to even attempt to do so.

Hell, if you're going to rig an election, making more democratic votes in precincts that are already guaranteed to vote demo doesn't make a lot of sense either!

-spence

I quit! You win. I can't compete with your logic, excuses and justifications. :wall:

detbuch 09-13-2009 02:18 PM

[QUOTE=spence;710835]The PIMP piece was clearly a hit job. Was it embarrassing for ACORN? Of course it was...but it's not journalism.

It's "journalism" when it gets published or broadcast in newspapers, magazines, or electronic media. Muckraking or yellow "journalism" has a proud history. If a media oultlet wishes to keep something from being "journalism"--just don't publish it. Out of sight, out mind.

The big three news stations try to keep things on the level, and admittedly they have lapses...but if I was the editor this wouldn't even come close to passing the basic smell test. It's not "news".

American Heritage Dictionary definition of "news": 1. Recent events and happenings, especially those that are unusual or notable. 2. a. Information about recent events of general interest, especially as reported by newspapers, periodicals, radio, or television. b. A presentation or broadcast of such information. 3. New information about something previously unknown." Sounds like this would fit somewhere in there.

I'd note that other cable stations like CNN did cover the story as an "interest" piece, although with a bit more objectivity as the right-wing punditry.

What "objectivity"? This happened or it didn't.

detbuch 09-13-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 711208)
It's not the same crime. In most all of the cases cited above the false registrations are people that don't exist, they can't be converted into votes.

It's certainly bad as I've said all along. My point is that the GOP accusations aren't based in fact...it's a straw man to rile the base.

-spence

Haven't you created the straw man here? Nobody was discussing the GOP accusations in this thread until you deflected what was an effective discussion of ACORN abuses into the discussion being about GOP accusations.

spence 09-13-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 711235)
Haven't you created the straw man here? Nobody was discussing the GOP accusations in this thread until you deflected what was an effective discussion of ACORN abuses into the discussion being about GOP accusations.

This thread wouldn't exist were it not for GOP accusations, especially during the 2008 presidential campaign, that ACORN was engaging in widespread voter fraud to rig the election for the Democrats...specifically to target Obama's time as a community organizer.

-spence

JohnR 09-13-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 711236)
This thread wouldn't exist were it not for GOP accusations, especially during the 2008 presidential campaign, that ACORN was engaging in widespread voter fraud to rig the election for the Democrats...specifically to target Obama's time as a community organizer.

-spence

This thread wouldn't exist if ACORN wasn't committing voter registration fraud :rotf2: .

Gawd, this is getting tough. One man's insurgent is another man's freedom fighter all over again.

spence 09-13-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 711242)
This thread wouldn't exist if ACORN wasn't committing voter registration fraud :rotf2: .

Gawd, this is getting tough. One man's insurgent is another man's freedom fighter all over again.

Actually, I don't think anyone here is a big ACORN supporter...I'm certainly not.

-spence

buckman 09-13-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 711243)
Actually, I don't think anyone here is a big ACORN supporter...I'm certainly not.

-spence

Just a huge defender:biglaugh:

spence 09-13-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 711244)
Just a huge defender:biglaugh:

Nope, just a research project.

-spence

justplugit 09-17-2009 08:38 PM

Congress votes to de-fund ACORN and the FBI will investigate.
Looks like 2 citizens did more to investigate than the media.

buckman 09-18-2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 712239)
Congress votes to de-fund ACORN and the FBI will investigate.
Looks like 2 citizens did more to investigate than the media.

Thier wasting their time. Spence researched this and found them to be a A-OK. Give them back the funding so they can continue to do the Dems dirty work:rotf2: