Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pedro has no class (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=10275)

nor-easter 10-14-2003 10:58 AM

Mother(God Rest her soul) had a saying that went like this:
"The more you stir a turd, the worse it stinks!"

MLB has fined those involved and so let us ALL move forward to the next game.

Today at 4:00 PM...Cheer for your TEAM, Cheer for your PLAYER and don't forget to THANK GOD WE LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE WE CAN "PLAY BALL" !!!!!

GO RED SOX!!!!!!

I have no idea where the Fox Network got those "announcers" but we are sure getting a screwing having to listen to their crap.
Where the heck is "REM DOG"!!!!!

Saltheart 10-14-2003 11:49 AM

Ramirez is a cry baby. He started the wjhole thing for nothing. That pitch was nothing to start that whole brawl over. If I was the ump I'd have tossed him.

The Pedro and Zimmer thing was stupid on Zimmers part.

I don't know about the Pedro wild pitch. Sometimes the ball gets away from you even if you are a pro. . I Just don't know.

schoolie monster 10-14-2003 01:54 PM

I have to agree with GS, Petey is a jerk. He drilled Garcia in the back on purpose b/c he was gettin' knocked around. That's lame.

But the yankees overreacted... he didn't throw at Garcia's head like roger has done a 100 times. Roger almost killed Piazza a couple years ago and he hit Mueller in the face this season. Pedro aimed at Garcia's ribs. And Garcia then becomes a professional wrestler yelling, picking fights and even charging into that dugout altercation. Major tough guy I guess.

And the pitches in the earlier game vs. the yanks that hit Soriano and Jeter were freakin' strikes. Soriano stands on top of the plate.

As for Manny, he knew it was comin' and he overreacted. But again, the yanks covered themselves in glory... if you heard Clemens after the game, he said, " I didn't start it"... what is he, 8 years old. I didn't start it? This is a grown man talking.

As for Zimmer, badmouth Pedro all you want for throwing the pitch and things he said later, but when someone comes at you, you defend yourself. And he didn't punch him, he just O-layed him and the idiot fell down.

The whole thing was embarassing and IMO, it was 70% Pedro's fault for being a punk and hitting a guy out of frustration.

Glad its behind them and its 2-2... let's go Derek.

BigFish 10-18-2003 03:43 PM

If anybody ever charged me like that regardless of age I would have done at least what Pedro did. Pedro took the high road and simply sidestepped the charging Rhino, took him by the horns and tossed him aside.

beachwalker 10-18-2003 05:30 PM

Exactly Bigfish.

He may have tossed him with a little zeal but these are grown-ups we are dealing with, right ?