Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   If the gop win the midterms (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98248)

scottw 08-16-2022 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

The bill will make small steps.....

It will generally work in the right direction ......

the net impact on inflation is unclear.

could help lower some costs over time

Still, some of the biggest drivers of inflation, including food and energy costs, are not immediately addressed.

Jim in CT 08-16-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1231204)
Quote:

Still, some of the biggest drivers of inflation, including food and energy costs, are not immediately addressed.

C ...for effort

600 billion for an “Inflation Reduction Act” for which his source says will have an “unclear” net impact on inflation.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman 08-16-2022 02:12 PM

Cool title though, huh

Got Stripers 08-16-2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1231206)
600 billion for an “Inflation Reduction Act” for which his source says will have an “unclear” net impact on inflation.

You are in the same boat Scott is in, only slow thinkers think there is anything that immediately impacts inflation, way to much corporate greed. Let’s just call your opinion out for what it is, democrats just don’t legislate the way your party likes, it’s to much for the average American and for their and their children s good down. Biden inherited a bad hand and he has delivered some really good work and continues to reduce our deficit. Republicans legislate for the upper class and just add to our deficit, while enabling the big corporations to continue to make obscene profits while Americans suffer.

scottw 08-16-2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1231216)

You are in the same boat Scott is in, only slow thinkers think there is anything that immediately impacts inflation,

only a slow thinker would suggest either of us said there is anything that immediately impacts inflation

Got Stripers 08-16-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1231218)
only a slow thinker would suggest either of us said there is anything that immediately impacts inflation

Funny that’s the message in both of you quoting other deep thinkers

scottw 08-16-2022 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1231216)

Let’s just call your opinion out for what it is, democrats just don’t legislate the way your party likes, it’s to much for the average American and for their and their children s good down.

deep thinker....

scottw 08-16-2022 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1231220)

they, we and your quoted deep thinker all seem to think there is nothing it it that immediately impacts inflation

maybe they should draft a Corporate Greed Reduction Act and take care of this inflation :huh:

Got Stripers 08-16-2022 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1231222)
they, we and your quoted deep thinker all seem to think there is nothing it it that immediately impacts inflation

maybe they should draft a Corporate Greed Reduction Act and take care of this inflation :huh:

Maybe you should pay attention the minimum tax rate is a good start.

scottw 08-16-2022 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1231223)
Maybe you should pay attention the minimum tax rate is a good start.

that'll probably work...

could also just change the definition of inflation...like everything else:btu:

wdmso 08-16-2022 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1231220)

Unless Scott spelled it out exactly

All he responses are clearly only informative . Not his opinions

scottw 08-17-2022 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1231233)

Unless Scott spelled it out exactly

All he responses are clearly only informative . Not his opinions

if I quote someone, I use quotes or source and date to indicate it is the opinion of someone else, if it's my opinion, it's my opinion....it's not complicated

some of us just cut and paste with no attribution, ramble endlessly and incoherently in response to things nobody ever said ....

scottw 08-17-2022 01:20 AM

Quote:

^^^ so once again..."THE INFLATION REDUCTION ACT OF 2022" ^^^^

also.... expands the federal government, feeds federal money to democrat pet projects....this was just democrats desperate to spend a bunch of money before losing congress potentially

you guys better be weatherizing, driving electric vehicles, converting your home into an electric vehicle charging station and put solar panels on your roof so you can spend all of the extra money you will have as a result to help reduce inflation ...

"Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm confused millions of Americans this week when she claimed Democrats will fight inflation by providing “tax credits” for families to “weatherize their homes from climate change.”

“What, specifically, will the Inflation Reduction Act do to lower costs for Americans right now?” asked a host at CNN.

Biden Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm: “If you install an electric vehicle charging station in your home, you can also get a tax credit!”

Pete F. 08-17-2022 06:26 AM

Know Nothing Party: Quick, do something about inflation.
Not that something, nothing is better especially if it could affect climate change.

Jim in CT 08-17-2022 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1231239)
Quote:

^^^ so once again..."THE INFLATION REDUCTION ACT OF 2022" ^^^^

also.... expands the federal government, feeds federal money to democrat pet projects....this was just democrats desperate to spend a bunch of money before losing congress potentially

you guys better be weatherizing, driving electric vehicles, converting your home into an electric vehicle charging station and put solar panels on your roof so you can spend all of the extra money you will have as a result to help reduce inflation ...

"Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm confused millions of Americans this week when she claimed Democrats will fight inflation by providing “tax credits” for families to “weatherize their homes from climate change.”

“What, specifically, will the Inflation Reduction Act do to lower costs for Americans right now?” asked a host at CNN.

Biden Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm: “If you install an electric vehicle charging station in your home, you can also get a tax credit!”

scott, are you saying that if i put an EV charging station at my house, that WON’T lower the cost of food and groceries for middle class americans? how about if I put a wind turbine in my backyard, surely that will lower the cost of chicken back to where it was a year ago?

scottw 08-17-2022 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1231246)
scott, are you saying that if i put an EV charging station at my house, that WON’T lower the cost of food and groceries for middle class americans? how about if I put a wind turbine in my backyard, surely that will lower the cost of chicken back to where it was a year ago?

you'd better not be riding around on lawn tractors, running CHAINSAWS...or gas leaf blowers...snow blowers, generators, using outboard engines...or eating any red meat....especially if cooked on a gas grill...

I wonder if our resident environmentalists are doing any of these nasty things?

scottw 08-17-2022 11:34 AM

CBO doesn't seem impressed with the INFLATION REDUCTION ACT :rotf2:

Got Stripers 08-17-2022 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1231258)
you'd better not be riding around on lawn tractors, running CHAINSAWS...or gas leaf blowers...snow blowers, generators, using outboard engines...or eating any red meat....especially if cooked on a gas grill...

I wonder if our resident environmentalists are doing any of these nasty things?

You really are reaching now, just because we feel globally everyone needs to take global warming serious, doesn’t mean we just sell everything we use and attempt to get the same performance out of an electric equivalent. If you knew anything about chainsaw carving, since I’m sure that on caps was directed at me, you would understand the serious drawback of electric saws. I sold my center console and peddle a kayak, do I get points for that? I’d love a good steak, but years back we gave up red meat, but that’s making me want a nice bone in rib-eye. Change is cumulative if everyone and countries need to take steps to cut back year by year, but snarky man thinks we can just swing over everything.

Pete F. 08-17-2022 04:16 PM

He doesn’t understand that change is incremental, probably has a landline and a flip phone.
Because who could imagine having cell service 25 years ago.
We used to put phone, cable jacks and them new fangled computer lines all over houses.
Now we ask where’s your router going😀

Pete F. 08-17-2022 04:18 PM

Just to get out the vote

Republicans panic as the NBA announces that it will drive its millions of “woke” fans to the voting booth this November by holding “election-themed” games the day before Election Day — and cancel all Election Day games so that its fans can go vote.

The Dad Fisherman 08-17-2022 04:39 PM

Plenty of take the environment seriously, some of just don’t think throwing tax dollars and Democrats at the problem is the route to fixing it. :hee:

wdmso 08-17-2022 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1231280)
Plenty of take the environment seriously, some of just don’t think throwing tax dollars and Democrats at the problem is the route to fixing it. :hee:

Then what this other Idea you claim exists?

The Dad Fisherman 08-17-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1231282)
Then what this other Idea you claim exists?

Look at you trying sooooooo hard to have me respond to something I didn’t say.

Shocking

scottw 08-17-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1231280)

and some engage in constant virtue signaling about it but don't actually do much themselves....

scottw 08-18-2022 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1231272)

do I get points for that?

it depends,

did you stop eating red meat over your concern that you were contributing to the destruction of the earth by eating red meat or due to your own health reasons.... or to end animal suffering?

did you go from outboard motor to kayak due to your concern over what fossil fuels are doing to the planet or for some other reason?

scottw 08-18-2022 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1231275)

He doesn’t understand that change is incremental

it's fun when you write things that are this idiotic .....

scottw 08-18-2022 03:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
NY TIMES ‘Dark Brandon’ Rises, and Buoys Biden’s Beleaguered Faithful
Inside the White House, the vibe is shifting, even if the polls have not budged much.

see..they fixed his effed up eyes...some weird chit

wdmso 08-18-2022 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1231283)
Look at you trying sooooooo hard to have me respond to something I didn’t say.

Shocking

some of just don’t think throwing tax dollars and Democrats at the problem is the route to fixing it.

Seems you like Scott say a lot then claim you said nothing

So if you know some don’t think a certain way . It isn’t hard to think you are one of the some . Or That you would at the very least have an idea on why these people to which you refer. Don’t think trowing tax dollars at the problem is a good idea ?

scottw 08-18-2022 05:35 AM

so the MSM has begun mocking the democraps for passing an Inflation Reduction Act that won't reduce inflation...they are still happy it passed because they are hacks but it is at least acknowledgment that this was a complete lie and sham by the democraps...fun to see the deranged loon currently posing as president attacking republicans for not supporting the lie :bl:

Pete F. 08-18-2022 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1231292)
it's fun when you write things that are this idiotic .....

Well, since you have decades of experience as one……