Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   NRA (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=80541)

basswipe 02-04-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 983287)
So...
You are basing it on misreporting on NBC, and a conspiracy that the sherrif is being pressured to say this?

For what it's worth, did anyone see LaPierre with Chris Wallace this weekend?

I'm sure you didn't mean misreporting,you surely must've meant mis-spoke,NBC NEVER misreports.No conspiracy here,he was pressured to say what he did as well as the media.

The Dad Fisherman 02-04-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 983286)
The initial reports are the accurate ones.....they ALWAYS are.

So it really was Ryan Lanza not Adam Lanza that shot all those kids..... as initially reported

spence 02-04-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 983291)
So it really was Ryan Lanza not Adam Lanza that shot all those kids..... as initially reported

Good point, they've arrested the wrong man!

-spence

spence 02-04-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 983288)
To our anti-constitutionalists here...what country has the lowest crime rate on the planet?

Get it right.You won't believe it and you damn well won't except how its possible.

Please explain :devil2:

In detail :hihi:

-spence

basswipe 02-04-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 983291)

Unreal.Won't even bother with that lameness.

basswipe 02-04-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 983295)
Please explain :devil2:

In detail :hihi:

-spence

You're better that that.You don't need me to hand hold you through this one.Do a little research.

I will give you one clue...it ain't the USA.

RIROCKHOUND 02-04-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 983289)
I'm sure you didn't mean misreporting,you surely must've meant mis-spoke,NBC NEVER misreports.No conspiracy here,he was pressured to say what he did as well as the media.

Misreport, as in didn't get the story right. You can assume malice if you want, I just figure Pete Williams was rushing to get it on air and had a bad source.

who pressured the sheriff, and do you believe the NBC report over the State Police??

spence 02-04-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 983297)
You're better that that.You don't need me to hand hold you through this one.Do a little research.

I will give you one clue...it ain't the USA.

Hahaha you don't mean Switzerland do you? Please say no...

-spence

Pete F. 02-04-2013 06:05 PM

Here is the part I find interesting
Everyone is scared of the awful Assault rifle
It's pretty hard to conceal an rifle or shotgun
A pistol is much easier to conceal and used in far more murders in the US than rifles or shotguns.
More people are killed by hand, foot or pushed than by rifles
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...6CK7BtBHWUayfw
Why is the emphasis on "assault" rifles?
Why is the murder rate per capita so much higher in Chicago than NY?
Do you honestly think gun laws make the difference?

Nebe 02-04-2013 06:07 PM

They should make knives illegal too
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnnyD 02-04-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 983300)
Why is the emphasis on "assault" rifles?

Because they look scary and emotion is more effective for politicians to leverage than logic. Being able to ban one type of weapon sets a precedent and allows the gun control crowd to get their foot in the door towards banning all guns.

This is also why the gun grabbers define "legitimate need" to only be hunting.

spence 02-04-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 983303)
Because they look scary and emotion is more effective for politicians to leverage than logic. Being able to ban one type of weapon sets a precedent and allows the gun control crowd to get their foot in the door towards banning all guns.

This is also why the gun grabbers define "legitimate need" to only be hunting.

False on all counts.

The Dad Fisherman 02-04-2013 06:53 PM

How is that lameness.....you said "the initial reports are the accurate ones.They always are"....l pointed out that they didn't even get the shooter right in the initial reports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 983296)
Unreal.Won't even bother with that lameness.

Pete F. 02-04-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 983304)
False on all counts.

Then what is the rational thought for banning assault rifles, they are involved in few crimes, though perhaps some horrific ones that have been ranked in the news media.
If the intent is to reduce gun crime, would handguns not be the logical target?

Nebe 02-04-2013 09:37 PM

The rational thought is that when someone wants to kill a lot of people with a gun, they go for the weapon with the largest magazine capacity.

Pete F. 02-04-2013 09:47 PM

After looking thru the FBI reports on Murder in the United States

FBI — Table 20

I had to check at the top under Scams & Safety to see if what the politicians are trying to do is listed there.
If ALL rifles were illegal It would only change the murder rate by 2.5%, now handguns are another story.

Pete F. 02-04-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 983324)
The rational thought is that when someone wants to kill a lot of people with a gun, they go for the weapon with the largest magazine capacity.

Fortunately most murderers have only 1 or 2 targets in mind, mass murderers just want to be on top of the list and if quantity is how you are rated by the rating agency (media) then you need the best weapon you can get for the job.
Don't forget the largest school slaying was in 1927 and was done with a bomb.

buckman 02-05-2013 06:25 AM

The way this was reported reminds me of , oh, maybe Benghazi ?? Do I sense a pattern here ?

Fly Rod 02-05-2013 10:55 AM

Ban baseball bats from the Little league up to the pros can be and have been used as assault weapons....:) :)

JohnnyD 02-05-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 983304)
False on all counts.

Like most of your other drive-by contrarian replies, easy to say when you make no effort to support a claim.

JohnnyD 02-05-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 983327)
If ALL rifles were illegal It would only change the murder rate by 2.5%, now handguns are another story.

Senator Frankenstein tries to make claims like this, but the conclusion is incorrect because it assumes that if a rifle were not available, another option would not have been used.