Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Trump (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97801)

wdmso 12-23-2021 12:27 PM

Trump asks Supreme Court to keep records from House Jan. 6 committee

So much for America 1st or transparency and only things involving Jan 6th nothing else.

Let’s see if the Supreme will entertain him and to reverse a unanimous ruling from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, which rejected his assertions of executive privilege or not respond at all

But we all know Trump is expecting a quid pro quo from the justices he appointed

scottw 12-24-2021 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1219543)
still can't follow the bouncing ball:kewl:

whack-a-mole....

wdmso 12-28-2021 09:24 AM

Dec 17th

Trump goes on anti-Semitic rant, claims Israel controlled Congress and Jews run New York Times

So which is it Jews aren’t loyal to the US or US Jew should be loyal to Israel :huh:

wdmso 01-02-2022 08:02 AM

January 2nd

Trump still says his supporters weren't behind the Jan. 6 attack

Why do people still follow and support this pathological liar ?

Pete F. 01-02-2022 09:44 AM

A year out from 1/6/21, we've arrived at the point where considerable numbers of pro-Trump people declare their outright support for the attack - and where the willingness to cover up for it is the test of orthodoxy for Republicans seeking nomination to the House in 2022
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 01-02-2022 11:18 AM

we need a catchy name for this new national holiday

how about "Deplorables Day" ?

Jim in CT 01-02-2022 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1219960)
we need a catchy name for this new national holiday

how about "Deplorables Day" ?

trump and the stock market are all they have going for them.

wdmso 01-02-2022 12:19 PM

About 4 in 10 Republicans and independents say violent action against the government is sometimes justified

Seems we have 2 here

detbuch 01-02-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1219963)
About 4 in 10 Republicans and independents say violent action against the government is sometimes justified

Seems we have 2 here

Seems, since it took violent actions against the government to create the U.S., that such violence is sometimes is justified. Unless you're not a fan of the U.S. Or of other violent revolts against governments, especially in Europe, that deposed authoritarians in favor of governments closer to the wishes and needs of the people.

The Dad Fisherman 01-02-2022 03:00 PM

I wonder what the numbers are for Democrats that don’t think protests need to be peaceful

Jim in CT 01-02-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1219968)
I wonder what the numbers are for Democrats that don’t think protests need to be peaceful

don’t you know, it’s ok when democrats do it? you didn’t get the memo?

Jim in CT 01-02-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1219963)

Seems we have 2 here

and probably 10 out of 10 democrats feel that way, evidenced by every political riot from the last 35 years except january 6 - anti police riots, black lives matter, antifa, any of that ring a bell?

spence 01-02-2022 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1219970)
and probably 10 out of 10 democrats feel that way, evidenced by every political riot from the last 35 years except january 6 - anti police riots, black lives matter, antifa, any of that ring a bell?

You are in my prayers Jim.

Pete F. 01-02-2022 05:23 PM

Trump didn’t change the current GOP, he revealed it. To look the other way is to deny the grave danger to democracy that is the truth of the Republican Party.

detbuch 01-02-2022 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1219972)
Trump didn’t change the current GOP, he revealed it. To look the other way is to deny the grave danger to democracy that is the truth of the Republican Party.

Nah

scottw 01-02-2022 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1219971)

this reminds me of when pelosi said she was praying for trump :rotf2:

scottw 01-02-2022 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1219972)

ummmm..it was over in like three hours and the guy with the horns is in jail

Pete F. 01-02-2022 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1219975)

Sure Jan,
Trump instilled doubt in the "rigged" election, pressured officials, installed DeJoy, admitted he wouldn't concede, appointed someone in the Supreme Court who he believed would help overturn the results, and fomented the violent attempted putsch#^&at the Capitol. It was all Trump.
Even Ivanka says so

Jim in CT 01-02-2022 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1219975)

we were ALL in grave danger. Grave.

the fact that the lefty riots last summer killed infinitely more people ( since the january 6 idiots killed zero), and caused billions more in property damage, matters not.

Jim in CT 01-02-2022 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1219971)

lobbing baseless insults? get outta here, that’s so unlike you. usually your posts are so chock full of accurate facts and non partisan, logical conclusions.

Pete F. 01-02-2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1219977)
we were ALL in grave danger. Grave.

the fact that the lefty riots last summer killed infinitely more people ( since the january 6 idiots killed zero), and caused billions more in property damage, matters not.

72% of Americans believe the people involved in the attack on the Capitol were “threatening democracy” and most believe Trump is responsible. I think you’re underestimating how much people want to see accountability.

spence 01-02-2022 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1219979)
72% of Americans believe the people involved in the attack on the Capitol were “threatening democracy” and most believe Trump is responsible. I think you’re underestimating how much people want to see accountability.

Do do you think Jim knows what infinitely means? Should he be allowed to do a job that requires math?

scottw 01-02-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

I bet at least 50% of Americans could care less....not sure where you come up with these numbers

Pete F. 01-02-2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1219980)
Do do you think Jim knows what infinitely means? Should he be allowed to do a job that requires math?

He obviously has a job that requires math skills, but not critical thinking.
This is demonstrated by his claims that people are moving from blue states to red states because they are less “wasteful”
If that were true Louisiana and the rest of the ten lowest rated states, all red, would be attracting a lot more people, most Americans want a centrist political agenda not the fascism Jim supports.
But he doesn’t really like Trump and he’s for gay something, as long as they aren’t women politicians.

Pete F. 01-02-2022 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1219981)
I bet at least 50% of Americans could care less....not sure where you come up with these numbers

If voters don’t believe that an attempt to overthrow the republic by the sitting president is more important than inflation, then maybe they neither want nor deserve the republic.

scottw 01-02-2022 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1219983)
If voters don’t believe that an attempt to overthrow the republic by the sitting president is more important than inflation, then maybe they neither want nor deserve the republic.

The march of the deplorables lasted three hours and was over….other than the phony outrage from the usual suspects lately nobody cares…I’m sorry this frustrates you…it didn’t really disrupt their lives of most…. Inflation is every day….

Jim in CT 01-02-2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

a large % of republicans think the 2020 election was stolen.

americans thinking something, doesn’t make it so. especially with our current media.

Jim in CT 01-02-2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

trump wanted to undo the free election. that’s very very bad, but thank god it never came
close to happening. what you can’t explain, is why it wasn’t equally bad when elected democrats attempted to do the same thing after the 2016 election, when they asked electors not to vote for him and then challenged he results of a few states with zero basis to do so.

please explain why it was bad when trump did it, but no biggie when your side did it.

Jim in CT 01-02-2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

trump wanted to undo the free election. that’s very very bad, but thank god it never came
close to happening. what you can’t explain, is why it wasn’t equally bad when elected democrats attempted to do the same thing after the 2016 election, when they asked electors not to vote for him and then challenged he results of a few states with zero basis to do so.

please explain why it was bad when trump did it, but no biggie when your side did it.

trump
told those idiots to march “peacefully and patriotically” to the capital, and he was impeached. and you have been clutching your pearls ever since.

maxine waters told
liberals to hound and harass those in trumps cabinet until they knew “they aren’t welcome anywhere, anytime”, and you could care less.

countless democrats expressed explicit support for the 2020 riots and that’s no big deal.

Pete F. 01-03-2022 06:12 AM

If you can shrug it off as just another incident of Trump talking too much, then you have already signed up for the next incident—and the one after that.