Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Johns Hopkins University says US was most prepared country in world for pandemic (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96540)

PaulS 07-09-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1196551)
the president is allowed to have an opinion...like if a local government decides to disband their police force...should a president support that decision if he believes it is wrongheaded?

Seems like his opinion changes depending on whether he agrees with the local decision or not. He is threatening to take $ away from educ. (even though he hasn't told us how). Sort of like the hypocrisy the Rep. states all talk about local control but when the Dem. mayor did things (masks) the hypocites got upset.

scottw 07-09-2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1196562)

I remember your snarky comments early on about it being all Dems states.

they were...are you trying to suggest they weren't? and they still occupy all of the top spots in death per million

PaulS 07-09-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1196565)
they were...are you trying to suggest they weren't? and they still occupy all of the top spots in death per million

Bc we have learned how to treat/prevent the virus.

Sad you play politics with people's lives.

scottw 07-09-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1196570)
Bc we have learned how to treat/prevent the virus.

not really...

The Dad Fisherman 07-09-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1196570)

You may want to let Pete know about that
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete F. 07-09-2020 08:34 AM

Stable genius the math wizard tweets again, for the first time?

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
For the 1/100th time, the reason we show so many Cases, compared to other countries that haven’t done nearly as well as we have, is that our TESTING is much bigger and better. We have tested 40,000,000 people. If we did 20,000,000 instead, Cases would be half, etc. NOT REPORTED!
8:39 AM · Jul 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

THE FACTS

1) Per capita testing: in regards to number of tests done per 1 million people, the USA is barely in the Top 20 in the world

2) Community spread: cases of COVID19 have surged in multiple states of the USA due to increasing spread of the virus

Denmark: 1 test per 5 residents
US: 1 test per 8.5 residents

Cases yesterday:
Denmark: 12
US: 61,848

PaulS 07-09-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1196578)
You may want to let Pete know about that

And yet you were strangely quite when Jim carpet-bombed this site with threads for what 8 years. You're a walking definition of hypocrisy.

The Dad Fisherman 07-09-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1196581)
And yet you were strangely quite when Jim carpet-bombed this site with threads for what 8 years. You're a walking definition of hypocrisy.

Thank you, I always strive to be the best

Pete F. 07-09-2020 08:53 AM

If in March I told you that come July, there would be a shortage of PPE, 8-10 day waits to get test results, 60,000 cases/day & nearly 1000 deaths/day, would you have thought we were succeeding or failing?

Sea Dangles 07-09-2020 08:54 AM

#KEVINSFAULT

Pete F. 07-09-2020 01:23 PM

Angela Merkel yesterday: "As we are experiencing first-hand, you cannot fight the pandemic with lies and disinformation any more than you can fight it with hatred or incitement to hatred... The limits of populism and denial of basic truth are being laid bare."

RickBomba 07-09-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1196583)
Thank you, I always strive to be the best

I’ll tell you one thing.

No matter what, if you don’t have Kev’s back, then I have no reason for you.

He’s one of the most amazing peeps in the world. We could all take a page from his book.

Got Stripers 07-10-2020 01:17 PM

WHAT? Another daily high, hospitals running out of beds, I thought Trump said we are doing well; he isn’t lying to us is he?

Pete F. 07-10-2020 01:48 PM

Angela Merkel said the other day: "As we are experiencing first-hand, you cannot fight the pandemic with lies and disinformation any more than you can fight it with hatred or incitement to hatred... The limits of populism and denial of basic truth are being laid bare."

spence 07-10-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1196690)
Angela Merkel said the other day: "As we are experiencing first-hand, you cannot fight the pandemic with lies and disinformation any more than you can fight it with hatred or incitement to hatred... The limits of populism and denial of basic truth are being laid bare."

25th Amendment

Trump’s leadership here has gone from incompetent to downright criminal. The white elephant is and always has been in the room.

Got Stripers 07-10-2020 04:39 PM

My hope is Moscow Mitch and some of these other GOP boot lickers who have strapped themselves to the Trump luxury liner go down with the ship.

scottw 07-10-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1196699)
25th Amendment

Trump’s leadership here has gone from incompetent to downright criminal. The white elephant is and always has been in the room.

I hear the democrats are already planning another impeachment fiasco for right after he is re-elected....

Sea Dangles 07-10-2020 10:26 PM

The White Elephant is overrated

Pete F. 07-10-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1196723)
I hear the democrats are already planning another impeachment fiasco for right after he is re-elected....

You been snorting Tweety’s #^&#^&#^&#^&?

In Rasmussen poll (Tweety’s favorite pollster) only 74% of Republicans are voting for him. Not to mention the many conservatives who don’t identify as Republicans anymore because of Tweety.
And now he’s commuting sentences rather than pardon, so his accomplices can still plead the fifth.
And as Tweety says that’s an admission of guilt.

The Dad Fisherman 07-11-2020 06:42 AM

Quote:

I heard they are already planning a Women’s March to protest all those rights that he didn’t take away from them the last time he was elected.

spence 07-11-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

They should do it now, why wait.

scottw 07-11-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1196743)
They should do it now, why wait.

we agree:bl:

Pete F. 08-07-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1194112)
Unfortunately it's not untrue.

Wait till this afternoon when we see Tweety in his Rose Garden Presser try and pivot the attention from the virus to the riots.
Just like in the 1968 race, when Roger Ailes told Nixon to pivot from Vietnam to the post-King riots.
Nixon went full-on "law and order" not only about African Americans but also about the hippy proto-Bernie Bros in Chicago.

Ailes knew the secret "law and order" was a code for race and for culture anxiety in 1968. The language, the "Silent Majority" crap, the aggrieved whining is 1968 all over again.

Tweety wants the coverage of burning buildings. Tweety wants the cops v protesters.

By later today, you'll see posts about law and order backing a lawless and orderless Administration led by a criminal. Bannon, Miller, and the rest of the Trump fluffers ADORE this culture war.

They're ALREADY modeling how the rioting plays for campaign messaging, I promise you.

Also, 103,000 Americans are dead.

Now 60,000 more are dead, there are riots in the streets and Tweety is claiming to be the Law and Order President exactly as I predicted in May.

Remember what awful president allowed this American carnage to happen

Jim in CT 08-07-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1198313)
Now 60,000 more are dead, there are riots in the streets and Tweety is claiming to be the Law and Order President exactly as I predicted in May.

So governors and mayors have zero ownership? It's all on the president?

So the fact that the death rates are insanely high in the democrat-led states, means absolutely nothing. It's all because of a Republican president.

detbuch 08-07-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1198313)

Obama? He didn't restock the basic pandemic supplies and didn't continue keeping the plan in place going which was compounded by China delaying accurate news about the virus, and the WHO playing it down along with our politicians and media in the beginning.

Then Trump having to deal with it while being opposed by Dems and anti-Trumpers, and having to tightrope through a federated constitutional system which slows down and makes more complicated any federal action, especially compared with most of the other systems of government in which the executive and party in power are allowed more freedom and power to act in contrast to our system which gives the opposition more power and opportunity to politick against and make executive action more difficult.

Pete F. 08-07-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1198321)
Obama? He didn't restock the basic pandemic supplies and didn't continue keeping the plan in place going which was compounded by China delaying accurate news about the virus, and the WHO playing it down along with our politicians and media in the beginning.

Tweety had 3 years to refill the basic pandemic supplies and didn't. His administration didn't pay attention when warned about other countries buying up the supplies that would shortly be needed.

It was Jan. 22, a day after the first case of covid-19 was detected in the United States, and orders were pouring into Michael Bowen’s company outside Fort Worth, some from as far away as Hong Kong.

Bowen’s medical supply company, Prestige Ameritech, could ramp up production to make an additional 1.7 million N95 masks a week. He viewed the shrinking domestic production of medical masks as a national security issue, though, and he wanted to give the federal government first dibs.

“We still have four like-new N95 manufacturing lines,” Bowen wrote that day in an email to top administrators in the Department of Health and Human Services. “Reactivating these machines would be very difficult and very expensive but could be achieved in a dire situation.”

But communications over several days with senior agency officials — including Robert Kad#^&lec, the assistant secretary for preparedness and emergency response — left Bowen with the clear impression that there was little immediate interest in his offer.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Thursday he was mistaken in claiming that the Obama administration had failed to leave a pandemic playbook for the Trump White House.
Too late to blame China and the WHO for Tweety's failures, you might be able to get a few weeks or at most a month out of that but we are the only developed nation that is still fighting a growing pandemic 4 months later. Probably Bidens fault

Then Trump having to deal with it while being opposed by Dems and anti-Trumpers, and having to tightrope through a federated constitutional system which slows down and makes more complicated any federal action, especially compared with most of the other systems of government in which the executive and party in power are allowed more freedom and power to act in contrast to our system which gives the opposition more power and opportunity to politick against and make executive action more difficult.

So you are admitting that Tweety was and is unable to manage our bureaucracy.
That's exactly why I have been Never Trump since his escalator descent.
Everything is wonderful in Tweety's world until there is a problem, then he finds someone to blame.
"I take no responsibility at all"
"You'll have to ask my lawyer"
“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency.”

detbuch 08-07-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1198326)
So you are admitting that Tweety was and is unable to manage our bureaucracy.

He's not supposed to manage our bureaucracy. It's called separation of powers. That's why government is usually in a state of gridlock. Which is not a bad thing. And was intended by the Founders.

You seem to be enamored with the notion of an all powerful President.

PaulS 08-07-2020 03:57 PM

A lot of times, Trump has numerously repeated over an over and over that "I alone can fix it".

RickBomba 08-07-2020 04:23 PM

Trump couldn’t fix his tire with Triple A.

Rich boys suck.

detbuch 08-07-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1198336)
A lot of times, Trump has numerously repeated over an over and over that "I alone can fix it".

That would be true if what needed fixing was a Presidential responsibility