Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Ukraine (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97843)

Nebe 02-23-2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1223104)
The only time you see any empathy claimed from supposed conservatives is for the “unborn”
Once anyone’s alive it’s tough love….
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

https://youtu.be/fmMvsAjCkog

Jim in CT 02-23-2022 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1223104)
The only time you see any empathy claimed from supposed conservatives is for the “unborn”
Once anyone’s alive it’s tough love….

so effing stupid.

conservatives have been shown to be slightly more charitable than liberals, despite being less wealthy.

this is based on data, been discussed here many many times.

how does that reconcile with your nonsensical babble?

you’re a complete utter waste of time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/o...21kristof.html

Pete F. 02-24-2022 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1223111)
so effing stupid.

conservatives have been shown to be slightly more charitable than liberals, despite being less wealthy.

Carlin was correct

Brilliant, one assessment that you’ve claimed as gospel for years.

Proof is scarce for your claims

scottw 02-24-2022 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1223114)

Proof is scarce for your claims

this is ironic coming with someone with your claims and "beliefs"

Jim in CT 02-24-2022 06:32 AM

i’m stunned Putin did this, but John R correctly saw it coming awhile ago.

God help those people.

scottw 02-24-2022 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1219602)
Russia is probably coming this time. Each time RUS flocks to the border they bring more stuff and leave some behind before coming back. Does it happen now (possible) or in late Feb after the Beijing Olympics and Xi goes after Taiwan? Neither are outside the realm of possibility.

I am so glad that the adults are back in charge in the US because they told me this would not happen.

Interesting read; https://nationalinterest.org/feature...ne-time-198365

yup...nailed it

scottw 02-24-2022 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1219748)

He’s afraid of Biden....

clearly terrified....

Jim in CT 02-24-2022 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1223117)
yup...nailed it

he absolutely nailed it.

Jim in CT 02-24-2022 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1223118)
clearly terrified....

and he didn’t nail it.

JohnR 02-24-2022 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1223117)
yup...nailed it

I also said Xi might go after Taiwan, hope that part is not flushed out.

This is the culmination of a decade and a half of bad leadership. Congress, Bush, Obama, Trump, Biden. This is lack of serious thought by most politicians in Europe and the USA, particularly from the far left that shrugged shoulders and ignored all the signs.

So yes, Obama, the 80s had been calling the entire time, leaving all kinds of calling cards. We'll be lucky to live through it and the world will be vastly different in the next decade.

Jim in CT 02-24-2022 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1223123)

So yes, Obama, the 80s had been calling the entire time, leaving all kinds of calling cards. We'll be lucky to live through it and the world will be vastly different in the next decade.

oh, so you’re a racist….

JohnR 02-24-2022 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1223125)
oh, so you’re a racist….

I'm getting used to being called that. DILLIGAF?

PaulS 02-24-2022 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1223111)
so effing stupid.

conservatives have been shown to be slightly more charitable than liberals, despite being less wealthy.and much of that goes to their churches and private schools as we've discussed many, many times.

NM

PaulS 02-24-2022 08:12 AM

And pray for the people of Ukraine.

JohnR 02-24-2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1223129)
And pray for the people of Ukraine.

Yes.

Jim in CT 02-24-2022 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1223128)
NM

"and much of that goes to their churches and private schools "

And much of what gets donated to churches, goes to help the needy. I'm sorry if that's going too fast for you.

If you remove every cent that conservatives give to churches, what would it show, Paul? Would it show that conservatives don't give anything? Or would it, at worst, show that conservatives are nearly as generous as liberals?

The Catholic Church is the largest non-governmental source of charitable services, in the world, I believe. Giving to churches, isn't mutually exclusive from giving to charity.

And I'm sure plenty of liberal donations go to the massive endowments at elite universities who don't need the money, and aren't spending it to help anybody. But you don't care about that.

Just show me some evidence, any evidence, that conservatives stop caring after a baby is born?

I'll wait.

Jim in CT 02-24-2022 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1223127)
I'm getting used to being called that. DILLIGAF?

You called this before I heard a single person anywhere call it.

I was sure he was bluffing to strike a deal where we didn't let Ukraine in NATO. I was 100% wrong once again.

PaulS 02-24-2022 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1223131)
"and much of that goes to their churches and private schools "

And much of what gets donated to churches, goes to help the needy. I'm sorry if that's going too fast for you.

If you remove every cent that conservatives give to churches, what would it show, Paul? Would it show that conservatives don't give anything?You're reading comprehension sucks. Or would it, at worst, show that conservatives are nearly as generous as liberals?But you're the idiot who constantly states that conservatives are more generous than liberals you idiot, not me or anyone else here.

The Catholic Church is the largest non-governmental source of charitable services, in the world, I believe. Giving to churches, isn't mutually exclusive from giving to charity.Did anyone say it was you idiot?

And I'm sure plenty of liberal donations go to the massive endowments at elite universities who don't need the money, and aren't spending it to help anybody. But you don't care about that. Endowments are used to help keep tuiton down you idiot.

Just show me some evidence, any evidence, that conservatives stop caring after a baby is born?Their actions show it everyday. The idea that liberals want Blacks (and it is amazing how much you focus on blacks here - or use the word "urban" which to you means the same) to have more babies so they can "make" more money off the babies show loud and clear that you are a scummy person.

I'll wait.

Ok here it. When I donate my dues to my church and they paint the walls it isn't benefiting poor people. When I donate my dues to my church and they build a gym it isn't benefiting poor people.

How's that you idiot?

wdmso 02-24-2022 08:38 AM

Ric Grenell: Biden Failed, Diplomacy Failed

Germany, President Joe Biden, and his State Department all share in the blame, Grenell told Schmitt

and not a single world of criticism for Putin :btu:

Jim in CT 02-24-2022 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1223133)
Ok here it. When I donate my dues to my church and they paint the walls it isn't benefiting poor people. When I donate my dues to my church and they build a gym it isn't benefiting poor people.

How's that you idiot?

"you're the idiot who constantly states that conservatives are more generous than liberals you idiot, not me or anyone else here."

The data shows it to be true, and I post it when someone makes the absurd claim that conservatives don't care about helping people. It's a fairly on-point response.

Again, I am sorry that you missed that, I will try to slow down for you.

Jim in CT 02-24-2022 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1223133)

How's that you idiot?

Please tell me which good charitable organizations, have no expenses?

Good lord man...

If your church is hoarding its donations instead of using them to help people, that's an issue for your church.

wdmso 02-24-2022 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1223132)
You called this before I heard a single person anywhere call it.

I was sure he was bluffing to strike a deal where we didn't let Ukraine in NATO. I was 100% wrong once again.

Do you not think the administration or Nato didn't figure Putin was going to Invade they Knew .. but diplomacy must run its course

But again we get the unusual response from Republican and Conservatives "weakness " besides a military response I am not sure what they expect the U.S.A or the world to do besides what they did and are now doing ..

and none of them seem to be laying out What they would be doing .

Jim in CT 02-24-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1223134)
Ric Grenell: Biden Failed, Diplomacy Failed

Germany, President Joe Biden, and his State Department all share in the blame, Grenell told Schmitt

and not a single world of criticism for Putin :btu:

Grenell...

"You've got to have consequences for bad behavior and I would arm the Ukrainians

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...trump_did.html

PaulS 02-24-2022 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1223135)
"you're the idiot who constantly states that conservatives are more generous than liberals you idiot, not me or anyone else here."

The data shows it to be true, and I post it when someone makes the absurd claim that conservatives don't care about helping people. It's a fairly on-point response.

Again, I am sorry that you missed that, I will try to slow down for you.

So show me a study that says conservatives are more generous when it ISN"T self serving charities. That is what matters you idiot.

PaulS 02-24-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1223136)
Please tell me which good charitable organizations, have no expenses?

Good lord man...

If your church is hoarding its donations instead of using them to help people, that's an issue for your church.

So does your church have a meeting hall or anything sponsored by the church for the parishioners? That is self serving and doesn't benefit anyone other than themselves.

Jim in CT 02-24-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1223140)
So show me a study that says conservatives are more generous when it ISN"T self serving charities. That is what matters you idiot.

Again, maybe your church is self serving. That sounds like an issue for you.

The data clearly shows that conservatives care plenty about people after they are born.

scottw 02-24-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1223138)

Do you not think the administration or Nato didn't figure Putin was going to Invade they Knew ..

this an impressive sentence...

scottw 02-24-2022 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1223142)
Again, maybe your church is self serving. That sounds like an issue for you.

The data clearly shows that conservatives care plenty about people after they are born.

paul's church maintains it's property so all churches must be bad...government never wastes money intended to help the poor....you idiot :laughs:...

he's very snarky...

Jim in CT 02-24-2022 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1223141)
So does your church have a meeting hall or anything sponsored by the church for the parishioners? That is self serving and doesn't benefit anyone other than themselves.

For the second time, yes my church has meaningful expenses. Can you give me a list of charities that have zero expenses please?

Rent, utilities, logistics and infastructure and such cannot be paid for with hugs and fairy dust, I am sorry to break that to you, I assumed even you already knew that. Obviously I was wrong.

scottw 02-24-2022 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1223123)

I also said Xi might go after Taiwan, hope that part is not flushed out.

next....